Director, Systems Engineering
Florham Park (Hybrid) - New Jersey - United States
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. And you'll feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports.
So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
- Responsible for all aspects of solution development strategy for company finance processes using leading technology, including backend storage to web processes.
- Work with information technology teams to build integrated systems that work interchangeably to deliver end-to-end workflow solutions mitigating manual grind and error prone processes.
- Architect solutions for Finance and Accounting teams that ensure functional interoperability with in-house and vendor-based solutions.
- Develop code that implements data processing for Accounting teams as it relates to ASC 606 revenue recognition standards.
- Ensure proper data integration through design and implementation of data conversion algorithms to update systems with the latest and most accurate data.
- Serve as technology team lead overseeing developers through all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including solution design, requirements gathering, implementation, user acceptance testing (UAT) and production delivery.
- Evaluate performance of technology team members and provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- ·May telecommute three (3) days/week from within commuting distance of Florham Park, New Jersey.
- Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related Engineering specialty like Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline and five (5) years of progressively responsible, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or in a related software development role.
- Prior experience must include five (5) years of experience with: building and operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion and processing of large data sets; leading technical implementations of software.
- Prior experience must include four (4) years of experience with:SQL, SQL performance tuning and database design for Oracle, PostgreSQL, and AWS Redshift databases; Using object-oriented programming (OOP) languages including Java and Python to build complex data processing algorithms relating to finance and accounting; full software development lifecycle (SDLC) of back-end and front-end software solutions including design, requirements gathering, implementation, user acceptance testing (UAT), deployment; and software engineering best practices including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, version control, source management and build processes.
- Prior experience must include two (2) years of experience with:SAP Commissions Product and implementation of Territory and Quota modules.
- May telecommute three (3) days/week from within commuting distance of Florham Park, New Jersey.
At D&B we value the diversity of perspectives that result from a variety of life experiences: ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, genders, and other factors. Ours is a winning culture where we work together as a team with a clear focus on common goals and where team members are able to grow, develop and contribute to their fullest. Since 1841, we’ve given companies the insight they need to realize their potential... and we can do the same for your career.
As an industry leader, we offer world-class compensation and an exceptional benefits package. As well, you will enjoy an environment that recognizes and rewards your accomplishments.
D&B is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.