Legal Counsel - 12 month fixed term
Solna - Sweden /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Are you looking for a position where you combine legal skills with a commercial mindset? We are now recruiting a 12 month fixed term Legal Counsel to strengthen our legal team. If you are looking for a job in an international listed company with good development and career opportunities, then this is the opportunity for you.
As a Legal Counsel you will be part of the global Dun & Bradstreet legal team with dedicated and professional colleagues. The legal team is spread out around the world, but you will join the D&B Europe team focusing on the Nordic region (Nordic and Baltic markets). You will report directly to the Head of Legal in the Nordic Region.
In addition to working alongside talented legal colleagues you will work closely with our commercial organization and management as well as other relevant stakeholders across the organization. This is a highly varied, interesting and challenging role that will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience across different areas of expertise in a truly international environment. The selected candidate will be part of a highly collaborative legal department where support and guidance from colleagues and managers is readily available.
In this role you will provide commercial legal support in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia. A substantial part of the role is to draft and review contracts and support contract negotiations, and to help commercial teams close deals with customers. The negotiations will vary from small scale engagements to complex, large scale, multi-geography managed contracts.
In addition, you will provide advice on local and regional matters where you will support in identifying and resolving complex legal, regulatory and business issues. You will provide local expertise in support of the design, implementation and rollout of D&B’s standard commercial contracting forms and processes, including product terms, playbooks, contracting principles and approval/signing authority structures. You will provide strategic legal advice on commercial requirements in product development, and will also be active in contributing to improving processes, updating templates, reviewing governance structures and generally ensuring that the D&B business is effectively supported. You provide commercial legal advice and support on claims and litigation in the Nordic Region, in coordination with our global Litigation & Labor and Employment team.
Education and Experience:
- A Master of Laws degree from a Nordic University.
- Senior commercial legal experience, 5+ years from the financial business, in-house legal counsel or law firm or equivalent experience. It would be great if you have worked with commercial contracts!
- English and Swedish communication skills are essential.
- Other languages are considered as a merit and Finnish and/or Estonian and Latvian are considered as a very strong merit for this position.
- A good understanding of the data and analytics business and processes is a merit as well as a good tech understanding.
- Experience to communicate effectively externally as well as internally.
In order to be successful in this position there are a number of personal skills and characteristics we think you should have:
- A ”doer” with a clear view of your short- and longer-term goals and the drive to achieve them.
- A highly collaborative, team-player approach.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, with the ability to take commercial considerations into account when providing legal advice
- The ability to take a solution-oriented view to commercial problems, and to suggest pragmatic mitigations to commercial risks.
- Ability to step back and see the bigger picture.
- Great interpersonal skills and a pedagogic, flexible, and service-minded mindset.
- Ability and willingness to stay up to date in a rapidly changing legal, technical and business landscape.
- A good sense of humour.