ECC Analyst (R-13476)
Jacksonville - Florida - United States /
Employee: Full Time - Remote
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The Team & Role:
Dun & Bradstreet ECC (Enterprise Control Center) Operations provides 24x7 Level 1 support for the organization’s global production applications monitoring, incident handling, escalations and service restorations.
This role is responsible for performing proactive monitoring of application alerts and events, follow standard ITIL Incident and Problem processes, escalations procedures, review application run books and execute routine service restoration steps to manage and resolve incidents. Interact with peers, application support teams, engineering teams, service desk and infrastructure NOC to facilitate effective handling of service incidents and requests.
- Perform proactive documented checkouts and monitoring to avoid service outages or limit their impact. Fault isolation, notifications, and escalations to restore service as necessary.
- Review Runbooks and pre-deployment application rollout activities that ensure health monitoring, production readiness and understanding of established recovery procedures.
- Awareness and support for implementation of scheduled and CAB approved changes.
- Support for pro-active maintenance activities such as validating failover recoveries, release deployments and routine activities required to keep the infrastructure in good health.
- Execute initiatives that deliver operational support improvements to technology, processes, tools and application service.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with a high attention to detail.
- The candidate will ideally have a 4 year degree from accredited college/university or equivalent minimum of 4+ years of real world experience.
- A+, CCNA, MCP, Linux Certifications, etc. are valued.
- Solid working knowledge of application fundamentals and functions, Windows OS, Linux, HP UX, Big IP Load Balancers.
- Good knowledge of operations procedures, application troubleshooting, security principles.
- Working knowledge of Web based services that included Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, IIS, and restoration of their services.
- Superior customer service and communications skills.
- Comfortable working within a highly collaborative team environment as well as an independent performer is essential.
- Weekend and off hours shift work and support is required.
- Strong understanding and working experience with ITIL incident and problem management processes and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to succinctly summarize key technical findings and root cause analysis.
- Experience with System Monitoring and Automation is preferred.
- This is a Night Shift position.
What we offer:
- Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure.
- 100% paid parental leave after one year.
- Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
- Education assistance and extensive training resources.
- Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
- Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
- Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
- Learn more about our benefits: https://bit.ly/2VwyKQt !
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.