Software Engineer I , Data Engineering (R-15380)
Hyderabad - India
Employee: Full Time /
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The Data Engineer’s role is to work with the senior data engineers to build and maintain applications that are responsible for the ingestion of data into the Dun and Bradstreet Contact Pipeline.
They will work on analyzing performance/throughput blockers of the applications and will work with other team members to remove the bottlenecks in the applications.
The Data Engineer will also work with creating metrics from the ingestion applications to help determine the areas that need work in terms of performance and/or throughput.
1) Create and maintain applications in python.
2) Take ownership of existing applications for further development/improvements
3) Work closely with related groups to ensure business continuity
4) Perform analysis on code bases to increase performance.
5) Work as part of the team to code review and test other members’ code changes.
6) Work as a member of one or more agile teams, using lean principles and SCRUM methodology
1) Bachelor’s degree (preferable in computer science, mathematics, data science, or a related field)
2) Experience with Python for application development (2-5 years)
3) Experience with SQL for data analysis and querying (2-5 years)
4) Ability to work independently to deliver critical projects on time
5) Ability to work closely with others to problem solve
6) Experience with hosted environments, AWS, Azure, or other cloud service providers preferred
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.