Senior Software Engineer (R-15286)
Austin (Hybrid) - Texas - United States
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
As a leader in the Data Space, Dun and Bradstreet helps companies improve their business performance through data and insights. We are undergoing a rapid technology transformation and we are hiring engineers at many levels to implement cutting edge solutions that leverage machine learning and data science.
Our global team is well-balanced in size and experience levels, enabling you to maximize your potential. We have both the senior and junior software engineers who will work with you, challenge you, and teach you along the way. Our engineers often blur the lines between front end, back end, DevOps, and product management, and we value software engineers who can cover a breadth of skills while also cultivating areas of expertise.
- Interfaces between clients, PMs, Business Solution Architects and Development team
- Validates the architecture against requirements and assumptions
- Verifies and validates development process, ensuring adherence to quality standards and methodology
- Creates technical specification documents
- Reviews codes and maintains highest coding standard
- Becomes responsible for the technical architecture, code quality, performance, security and scalability of enterprise level projects
- Articulates the architectural vision to clients, sponsors and stakeholders
- Overall 7+ years of Java and Spring Framework Experience
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL with excellent database design and implementation skills
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Experience working with containers
- Experience with web services (SOAP, RESTful, GraphQL)
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT Knowledge of different branching strategies
- Familiarity with other ecommerce platforms
- Have great design and problem-solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
- Experience building and designing large-scale server applications in a distributed environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in preparing and reviewing technical specification documents
- Be able to lead integration with third party like payment gateways, analytical tools, marketing agencies Languages
- Experience in documenting business processes and wireframing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams, etc
- Have strong presentation skills; skilled and effective at presenting to both technical and business audiences
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.