Senior Attorney, Head of Commercial Legal
Mumbai - India
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Experienced attorney who is a skilled manager, negotiator and business enabler. Must have a willingness to learn and ability to adapt to evolving business and legal landscapes. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Providing leadership, direction, mentoring, development, and performance management for commercial legal team in India;
· Acting as a business partner at leadership team level to contribute to decision-making on business initiatives and provide advice to management on other significant legal and regulatory issues affecting the business in Indian market;
· Working closely with internal stakeholders, including: India Managing Director and Sr. Directors for HR, Finance, Product and Sales to support all business initiatives;
· Managing all aspects of commercial support for multiple D&B India-based entities, including:
o Maintaining D&B’s local standard contract forms, and developing new contract forms and processes as needed for local market, including in order to align with new laws, rules, regulations, and legislation, and ensure consistency with global requirements;
o Managing and enhancing the contract management system and designing and implementing continuous process improvement;
o Providing legal and general advice and support to local sales and product teams relating to commercial deal structuring, drafting and negotiating with D&B’s customers;
o Providing legal and general advice and support to business units and other D&B internal teams to negotiate and document contracts with licensors and suppliers;
· In coordination with Global Compliance and Ethics team, keeping the business abreast of, and providing advice and counsel with respect to legal requirements and new developments;
· In coordination with Legal Head of Litigation and Employment based in the U.S., assisting with the management of employment matters and pre-litigation and litigation matters in India;
· In coordination with Dun & Bradstreet’s Office of the Corporate Secretary based in the U.S., managing the company secretarial function for local subsidiaries with responsibility for general corporate governance including maintenance of statutory books, legal practices, legislative and regulatory compliance, corporate filings, and board meetings;
· Help drive a culture of compliance and ethics across India consistent with our corporate Code of Conduct, assist with the development of local policies including privacy notices and contract standards aligned with corporate policies, procedures, and standards.
· Partner with the third party compliance team in India to provide a one-team approach on compliance and ethics for the business in India.
· In coordination with Global Compliance and Ethics and India leadership, identify significant corporate risks in business matters, operations, and processes and work with the business to develop appropriate mitigation measures.
· Advise on a broad range of matters to advance the strategic, operational, and legal priorities of the company. Provide practical legal advice in a variety of areas including but not limited to commercial and corporate transactions, protection of corporate assets (including intellectual property protection), HR matters, corporate governance as needed, customer service, fulfilment, and sales & revenue recognition related matters.
· LL.B. Degree;
· Locally and/or globally recognized privacy certification a plus
· Significant experience – law firm and in-house experience strongly preferred;
· Expertise in negotiating complex contracts directly with customers, suppliers and other parties. Must have excellent negotiation skills and understanding of contract law principles and intellectual property licensing;
· Experience supporting multi-national corporation preferred;
· Experience managing people and leading a team with a demonstrated ability to motivate and delegate effectively;
· Experience working with senior management/stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with, advise and influence internal partners
Skills & Competencies
· Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential;
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
· Ability to understand and communicate legal concepts and analysis to a range of constituents, including business and technical team members, executives, partners, external counsel, and others.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet competing deadlines, and work both independently and on teams
· Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures as needed
· 10+ years of work experience
This role reports into the Deputy General Counsel of Dun & Bradstreet based in the U.S. and is responsible for managing a local team of 2-3 people.
This role will be a member of the India Executive Committee
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.