Team Lead - Collections
Mumbai - India /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Overview: Contacts customers by telephone or email or in person visit to prompt for payment on delinquent accounts. Provides documentation (i.e., invoices) as needed. Maintains follow up communication with customer and internal teams for updates and additional information regarding payment of invoices. Documents all account activity as directed in the ERP system. Works aggressively to meet or exceed assigned individual and company objectives (cash collections and reduction of aged receivables)
· Leading and managing team members
· Apply industry best practices to the role and the processes
· Will be tasked with improving DSO
· Resolve disputes and clear the outstanding receivables while maintaining the customer relationships
· Proactively identify problems and work towards solutioning
· Handle customer escalations if any
· Day to day contact of customers who have past due receivables for payment.
· Timely review the AR file to take necessary action including discussion with legal team for legal disputed cases.
· Sending dunning letters
· Review files with the Sales/ Sales support team and make determination on cancellations and bad debt.
· Provide qualitative analysis to the management to take certain decision
· Assist in credit decisioning on certain contracts
· Preparing AR files on weekly basis and sharing with the Sales and other teams
· Monitor and overview the invoicing dispatch process with the team
· Coordinating with the various teams; sales, sales support, operation, and other finance team members
· Ensure the collection policy and procedures are adhered to.
· Cross-business and other leadership tasks.
• 7-10 years Credit & Collection (Account Receivables)
• College degree required
• Problem solving skills in a financially oriented environment
• Proven oral and written communication skills
• MS Excel, word and outlook proficiency
• Team handling experience
• Experience in setting up collection processes and applying best industry practices
• To meet deadlines and goals as an individual and function as a contributor in a team environment