Associate, Data Operations
London - England
Data & Analytics /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
About the role
You will be responsible for checking the accuracy and consistency of incoming vendor data. Your understanding of the data will support creation of business logic enabling us to make best use of our data investments and your skills will allow us to determine the impact of implementing new sources.
To ensure that we understand our vendor data and how it is performing you will be responsible for reporting on our vendor process, procedures, and deliverables to enable detection and proactive response to issues within the data management system, and to support with vendor management conversations.
When our data vendors make changes to the data that they provide us, you will be responsible for QA and Testing of vendor data changes in partnership with the Data Engineers and Vendor Relationship & Performance Manager
You will work collaboratively with the Vendor Relationship & Performance Manager to create requirements and technical documentation for vendor project work, process improvements and critical RTB procedures.
- Undertake data profiling and source analysis and present clear insights to support the end use of the vendor data.
- Responsible for the checking the accuracy and consistency of vendor data to enable business logic to be created or amended. Data quality issues identified to be raised with the Vendor Relationship & Performance Manager to determine next steps action.
- Identify improvements in vendor processes, internal data management models, matching improvements, signal inference and gaining maximum value from vendors.
- Ability to create clear Business Requirements that can be translated into code by the Data Engineers and easily validated by stakeholders.
- Ensuring documentation is completed for processes to remain compliant with internal and external requirements.
- Develop, maintain, enhance and Support reporting processes, including creating data dashboards, graphs and visualizations. Producing and tracking the key performance indicators for Identity Data Elements,
- Responding to Customer Service tickets raised with regards data quality; performing root cause analysis on bulk data issues caused by vendors and supporting vendor relationship manager on creating a project plan for resolution, ensuring that all relevant parties are consulted and informed
- QA/Testing of vendor process changes in partnership with the Data Engineers
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree required with 0-2 years working experience
- Ability to test and QA Data, Process and procedures using a structured and meticulous approach.
- Knowledge of Data Cleansing and Data Enrichment techniques
- Knowledge of data analysis tools, with advanced skills in MS Excel, strong SQL Skills with the ability to use SQL Server
- Experience with data visualization tools; such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Ability to use SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Dynamic and results-driven with the focus on facilitating action and effecting change.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Self-motivation with the desire to learn new techniques – relentlessly curious
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Can Translate data into valuable insights that inform decisions with strong story telling skills to make complex technical information accessible for non-technical audiences
- An understanding of Data Protection, ISO and FCA regulatory requirements
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.