Senior Director, European Controller
London - England /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The Senior Director, European Controller will be responsible for leading the day-to-day activities of our European accounting operations
This will include:
- Leading the day-to-day activities of our European accounting operations
- Reporting of corporate results in US GAAP, the annual statutory accounts in local GAAP, SOX compliance and assisting corporate with tax and treasury matters.
- Assists in the definition and implementation of management processes for driving best practices within functions of responsibility. This position is responsible for coordinating, leading and managing the European Controller’s Group and is accountable for business/financial results associated with functional area of responsibility.
- Builds and develops an effective accounting team with capability and flexibility to provide financial support to the business.
- Leads the General Accounting, Banking, Revenue Accounting, Capitalized Software, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll functions, ensuring the control environment reflect corporate policies and is compliant with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Reviews and as appropriate implements and/or introduces financial controls to ensure the integrity of financial records.
- Ensures major deals and transactions are fully reviewed, comply with US GAAP and are concurred with the Corporate Finance team ahead of Quarterly deadlines.
- Is fully accountable for all local chart of accounts. Ensures statutory accounts and any other returns are filed by legal deadlines, working with the Tax team as necessary.
- Develops strong business partnerships with other internal functions.
- Be an active member in any system implementation overseeing common global process implementation and best practice across Europe
- Builds a high-performing team through talent assessment and team structure reviews.
- Enables the team to perform effectively to meet reporting and compliance requirements as well as providing value-added service to support the business. Ensures that all team members are appropriately coached and trained.
- Ensures proper control environment and compliance with SOX controls and process.
- Liaises with internal audit department to ensure that resources are available to ensure timely completion of audits and SOX control testing, and implementation of any recommendations.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors including planning of year end, SOX and statutory audits as necessary.
- Liaises with Corporate Tax as necessary supporting their completion of tax forecasts.
- Ensures that transfer pricing and intercompany charge agreements are adhered to and reviewed regularly with the tax department.
- Through supervision of team, ensures that all payroll, income tax and other local tax are reported and paid to relevant authorities within the timetables prescribed.
- Works with Corporate and fellow Market Finance Controllers to streamline and standardize processes and procedures.
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, CA) preferred or similar level professional qualification or qualified by experience
- Qualified experience of 10+ years, prior managerial experience in a U.S. company is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements.
- Financial systems skills. Systems currently used in D&B are Workday and TM1, as well as various CRM systems
- Strong communication and analytical skills. Confidence and maturity to represent finance at a senior leadership level
- Ability to manage workloads to strict reporting deadlines together with a proactive and analytical approach.
- Management skills and ability to create a team environment where integrity, trust, diversity, quality and efficiency are highly valued.