Principle Platform Engineer
Warsaw - Poland /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
To say we’re excited about recruiting for this role would be an understatement. This is a huge, career-defining opportunity for somebody who's up for the technical challenges that lie ahead. We’re seeking a senior solution engineer to help enable Observability within our developer enablement platform.
It's a rare opportunity like no other as we embark to build a greenfield platform that will be a game-changer for D&B. We see the enormous value and potential in self-service automation to accelerate developer velocity, safely, securely and happily by building world class GCP cloud capability. Become part of the story at this 180 year old company and how we built a hybrid technology platform that spanned multiple cloud platforms across many products around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Observability engineer that has developed standards across Open Telemetry, New Relic, Splunk Observability and Splunk Cloud experience, with terraform is required. This role is focused on tooling to enable our GCP foundations. You'll need an appreciation for software development and a “DevOps” background, strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and articulate what is and isn't possible to senior stakeholders, managing their expectations along the way using Agile Scrum and Lean methodologies.
As part of the Observability team, you will work closely with application development teams to plan and support their Observability requirements. You will work with other platform engineers, networking, security, and runtimes teams to design and build a large multi-project GCP environment and developer enablement tooling that our internal application development teams rely on. You will be designing the next generation of Observability standards and automation across logging, tracing and RUM ensuring our application teams understand how to implement Open Telemetry as a first-class citizen to the application, while continually implementing service improvements. You will be facilitating the requirements setting for engineering, architecting, design and support of the environment, including landing zones, guardrails, networking, CI/CD infrastructure, security, observability and service catalog offerings.
All team members are expected to be active participants in the envisioning, design, and development process – this includes proactively suggesting improvements and alternatives along with keeping an open mind to the suggestions offered by other team members and users.
You will be collaborating heavily with business and technology stakeholders, and product teams, to develop and articulate our vision; as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience, in globally distributed platform aligned teams across technology.
What will you do:
- Proactively team up with peers across the organization to build an understanding of cross dependencies and shared problem-solving.
- Participate in a community of practice to share and gain knowledge
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced and relevant Observability technologies
- Exhibit comfort working with several forms of Observability tools
- Lead/Clarify code evolution in code reviews
- Bring together different participants with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues and contribute your own suggestions
- Think holistically to find opportunities around policies/ processes to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries
- Identify areas of inefficiency and offer suggestions for improvements.
- Work across Application Development teams to ensure a seamless integration of the services within GCP.
- Participate in the architecture review process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards. platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
- Be a problem solver and architect with deep understanding of Observability systems and architecture of large scale, distributed and stateful systems.
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on Observability including automation. A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, test driven development and design principles.
- Must have 3+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard developer and enterprise products such as Python, GitHub, Terraform
- Observability of Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker.
- Prior experience developing. Shipping and managing production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS/GCP).
- Good understanding of Observability tools such as Spluink Observability, (SignalFX), New Relic, Data Dog
- Appreciation of security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies eg. PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
- Highly-collaborate team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the technology and business organizations.
- Proactive, takes ownership, follows through, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, learning new skills to implement new technologies.
Nice to have:
- Nice to have 1 years of experience in Open Telemetery and deployment at scale
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.