Senior Software Engineer (R-13771)
Jacksonville - Florida - United States /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is looking for a Senior Data Developer/Engineer to join our Technology team. You will be part of a group responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting Data & Analytics Platform applications. The role will leverage modern processes and tools in ensuring highest quality data in the Dun & Bradstreet Data Supply Chains.
What You'll Do:
- Develop data pipelines, ingestion, engineering, and analytic application processes to business specification and technology standards that leverage existing Data & Analytics platforms using a variety of technologies including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Snowflake, SQL and Python.
- Collaborate with project teams (solution architects, business, QA, and project management) to ensure solutions meet business objectives and fall within timelines and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in testing of prototypes and validate test procedures to ensure that they are applicable to the design.
- Responsible for application support, bug fixes, and quality assurance.
- Perform root-cause analysis of complex issues ranging from hardware, operating system, application, network, and information security platforms while working closely with various infrastructure teams and business users to quickly arrive at creative, tactical and long-term solutions.
Requirements (Must Have):
- 5 or more years of high-tech industry and/or IT work experience in Big Data projects, hands on development, and solution engineering roles.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (EMR, EC2, S3) and Google Cloud Platforms.
- Strong experience in Python, Spark, PySpark, Data Analytics, SQL, Shell Script.
- Experience with working on projects in multiple technological and business environments simultaneously.
- Understanding of micro-services, web-based applications and REST APIs.
- Willing to learn new skills and implement new technologies.
- A thirst for knowledge, learning, and problem solving.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal. Must have interactive camera on at all times.
Preferences (Nice to Have):
- Experience with Snowflake a strong plus.
- Experience with large datasets, over 1 billion rows a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer
· Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure.
· 100% paid parental leave after one year.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.