Platform Engineer - (R-15265)
Prague - Czechia
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
As a Platform Engineer you will be presented with a rare opportunity to build upon a greenfield platform that is a game-changer for Dun & Bradstreet. We see the enormous value and potential in self-service automation to accelerate developer velocity safely, securely, and happily by building world class software delivery capabilities for GCP. Become part of the story at this 180-year-old company of how we built a hybrid technology platform that spanned multiple cloud platforms across many products around the world.
We are looking for an expert software engineer with platform building and public cloud experience. This role is primarily for GCP, so this would be a distinct advantage, but we're open to other cloud backgrounds such as AWS.
You’ll need a deep level of understanding of software development combined with SRE experience to automate away toil and technical debt for our developer community. Mature software practices will be your forte, peer-reviews and pair programming. Thus, a strong interpersonal skillset is a must and the ability to communicate and articulate what is and isn't possible to senior stakeholders, managing their expectations along the way using Agile Scrum and Lean methodologies.
- As part of the Platform Engineering team, you will be working on a large multi-project GCP environment and developer enablement tooling that our internal application development teams rely on.
- Serve as a software engineering SME for integration, automation, reliability, monitoring, and operations of the overall platform’s IaC and features.
- Facilitate the requirements setting for engineering, architecting, design, and support of the platform’s integrations.
- Help document, advocate, and formalize patterns for resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting that is integrated into firm systems such as CMDB.
- Make heavy use of cloud platform tooling, including Terraform Cloud, GitHub Enterprise, Artifactory, Harness, Packer, Ansible etc.
- Keep the running system and tools stable and up to date as well as cost efficient, explore new ways to improve these metrics.
- Participate in pull-request code and document reviews to help steer your team and developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform (e.g., style guidelines, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- Be an active participant in the envisioning, design, and development process – this includes proactively suggesting improvements and alternatives along with keeping an open mind to the suggestions offered by other team members and users.
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders and product teams to develop and articulate our vision; as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience, in globally distributed platform aligned teams across technology.
Experience & qualifications:
- 7 years of infrastructure operations experience
- At least 5+ years of experience working with Linux systems in production
- 2 years+ of CI/CD pipelines
- Mature software and IaC development practices
- Strong experience handling incidents and working with incident management processes
- At least 3 years+ working with any of the major cloud providers (GCP & AWS)
- At least 3 years+ Python3 and Shell scripting
- Agile practices (any of: lean, Kanban, scrum, XP, etc. with jira or similar)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, learning new skills to implement new technologies and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the technology and business organizations, with solid communication skills and ability to work across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support software solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Knowledge of databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL Document DBs, ElasticSearch
- Good knowledge of English
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard DevOps, SDLC and Cloud IaC tools and libraries:
- Terraform (ideally Terraform Cloud)
- (GKE, EKS, kOps, NGINX Ingress Controller)
- Data streaming (Kafka, Pub/Sub)
- Harness.io CI/CD
- GitHub Enterprise
- Observability (e.g. Splunk)
- Platform engineering skills in security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, e.g. PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, RBAC, Remote Access, Artifact management and DevSecOps/FinOps.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.