Senior Software Engineer - (R-15359)
Austin - Texas - United States
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The Role: As a Senior Software Engineer in the Finance and Risk Solutions Technology team, you will join a team of brilliant, friendly, and energetic Solution Architects, Developers, QA engineers and Project Managers who strive to deliver best in class, custom solutions to our customers.
This is a hands-on Development role that requires excellent design, development, code reviews, refactoring and test support, organizational and communication skills.
Are you someone that can thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced environment? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
- Designing, coding, unit testing and integration in the Service API's
- Conduct code reviews, agile development, service-oriented architecture, and object-oriented programming.
- Design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of the data elements powering our products as part of a team.
- Be a team player, willing to work on any task that comes up while still being able to let loose and enjoy the environment.
- Develop highly reliable and scalable production services, web applications and data processing systems.
- Create high end solutions to address challenging software engineering problems.
- Learn and leverage new programming languages, design methodologies, and technologies.
- Participate in all steps of the agile software development process – gathering requirements, planning, designing, coding, integration testing, QA/Regression test support, deploying, bug fixing, and maintaining.
- Work on a collaborative cross-functional team including product management, UX design, project management, UI and back-end engineers, quality assurance, and operations.
- 8+ years of experience in back-end development in Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Rest services and distributed technologies
- Knowledge of databases design and optimization techniques
- Proven experience in microservices architecture and API design.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS, GCP)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals – object-oriented programming & design, data structures, algorithms, computational complexity, databases, and software engineering principles, multithreading
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and start using.
- Software engineering experience in developing, testing, and releasing production software.
- Strong experience in REST & CRUD API development, Java, Spring Framework, Spring boot, Spring JPA/JDBC, Swagger and Spring Batch.
- Good in SQL (MySQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL) & NoSQL database design, and JDBC.
- Excellent in Messaging/Event/Stream processing using Apache Kafka
- Good understanding on Data Caching technologies.
- CI/CD environments, Harness/Jenkins, Maven, JUnit, Mockito, Easy Mock, Power Mock or similar testing frameworks, Postman, and IntelliJ/Eclipse.
- Containerization (Kubernetes - AWS: ECS, EKS - GCP: GKE)
- Amazon AWS cloud technologies: S3, Redis, RDS, ECS, SQS/SNS, Kinesis, Terraform, and Localstack.
- Good in GCP - GKE, Storage service, Pub-Sub, Apigee, Serverless... Google cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experienced in TDD & BDD test driven development and behavioral driven development, unit, functional, deployment, and end-to-end testing.
- Exposure to Agile/Sprint/Scrum software development practices.
- Drive the design, lead, support and coordinate Product features ongoing development.
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.