BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR SM
Zagreb - Croatia /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The main goal for Business Development Director is to grow the value of portfolio by acquiring new customers within Enterprise segment in the markets of Slovenia, Croatia, BiH and Serbia (>100m EURO annual turnover) and developing the existing Customers via cross-selling activities.
We are looking for an expert, who is driven by passion for developing new sales opportunities, complex projects, finding new customers and contacts, and cooperating with other departments in the company. The person we are looking for must have an excellent understanding of customer needs, propose appropriate solutions, and thus ensure long-term customer satisfaction and added business value. Business Development Director regularly cooperates with Relationship Managers (who look after existing customers) and Consultants and is supported by Customer Service Team in daily operations.
Dun & Bradstreet plays a crucial role in Data & Analytics industry offering its customers a wide range of solutions to support decision processes across all industries. We support Customers with products built around the biggest global commercial Database (>500m companies Worldwide) containing ready-to use or customizable (web-portal or API) solutions in areas of B2B Credit Risk Assessment, Data Management, Marketing/Lead automation and KYC/KYV processes (AML and ESG related). We offer great opportunities for development within an international environment while working for a well-known and stock-listed U.S. based company.
- Creation of growth strategy plans to effectively prioritize sales effort
- Developing sales opportunities and selling advanced products and projects based on the needs of existing and new customers
- Active search for new potential customers, contacts, and sales opportunities on the Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian and BiH market
- Managing the sales cycle from start to finish (contacting customers, organizing meetings, involving other departments, comprehensive understanding of customer needs, preparing proposals and other documentation, negotiation, signing a contract)
- Recognizing and understanding different customer processes in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Finance, Compliance and Procurement, especially in connection with customer needs for various data types and analytics
- Consultative sales & presentation of solutions (onsite or in Prospect/Customer office)
- Pre-contractual negotiations with customers (Challenger Sales approach), setting agreements (supported by Company lawyers) and closing of deals
- Conducting initial onboarding of customers to purchased services and handing it over to relevant Relationship Manager within the Team (according to internal rules)
- Establishing long-term partnerships and business relationships with the customers.
- Coordination with Relationship/Account Managers and other departments regarding opportunities and customers.
- Regular monitoring of trends in various industries and competitors.
- Actively managing and communicating progress towards achieving plans and goals through accurate and timely opportunity management, reporting and forecasting.
- Education: A relevant University Degree + relevant experience (preferably) or a High School Diploma with minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role supported by a strong acumen of business skills (communication, organizational structures, economics, sales etc.)
- Fluent English and another SM language (either Slovenian or Croatian or Serbian or Bosnian), advantage for those candidates who speak all named languages
- Growth-minded & Challenger Sales mentality, pipeline/results-oriented
- Excellent understanding of competitor products & strategies
- Experienced in operating in premium and large customer environments
- Routine in running C-level meetings/pitches
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in solutions in the IT field, especially in the field of business data for decision making and analytics
- Work experience in Industries offering technology (CRM, ERP, DataMarts, Process automatization) or offering data/ analytics to Enterprise segment might by additional advantage
- establishment, development and maintenance of partner relations ( e.g. SAP, Microsoft, Salesforce etc....)
- Must be available to travel (up to 40%)
- Excellent sales, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Perseverance and focus on results
- Proactivity, responsibility and the ability to adapt quickly
- Willingness to learn and upgrade knowledge
- Team player
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Category B driving license
What we offer:
- Car allowance
- Notebook and a cell phone (incl data services)
- Flexible start/end working hours and hybrid work (max 3 day per week home office)
- English lessons, training & development, and events
- Attractive and competitive compensation package
- Work – life balance
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.