Specialist III, Analytics Innovation
Remote - United States /
Data & Analytics /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is investing heavily in advancing our data and analytic capabilities. Commercial Enterprise team is tasked to drive development and commercialization of new products and services across the enterprise. As part of their core charter, there are 2 key initiatives which are crucial growth drivers for D&B -
· Rapid Innovation program – pilot new analytics solutions with our customers to test and evolve those with customer feedback and collaborate with product to scale successes and drive new revenue streams.
· D&B Analytics Studio – drive roadmap and sales of a new innovative analytics platform which brings together a scalable, flexible and secured technology stack equipped with modern AL/ML analytics capabilities like R, Scala, Python etc. powered with ready access to multi-dimensional governed D&B business attributes like foundational firmographics, financial information, corporate linkages and trade data attributes on full universe of 300 million businesses globally . Equipped with up to 10 years of historical trends (where available), as well as the ability to access a growing set of alternative data sources, this platform allows our customers to keep a pulse on business landscape as well as integrate B2B insights with their respective portfolios to continuously evolve their B2B strategies and models.
We are seeking a strong innovation specialist with a business and analytics background to drive the development and expansion plan for D&B Analytics Studio as well as new innovative analytics solutions to market. The candidate will understand the concepts of analytics, developmental Sandboxes for data and analytic exploratory use and apply them to the current business challenges that our customers face to build market leading solutions.
If you love to collaborate with design, engineering, and your fellow data scientists to create experiences that enable customers to make better business decisions with data - then this is the team for you! As an Innovation Specialist, you will have the opportunity to foster meaningful relationships both internally and with our customers.
- Drive new innovation solutions and roadmap build:
- As part of the rapid innovation team, review newly build analytics solutions, define customer value by applying those to drive strategic business decision and enable pilot conversations with customers to test and evolve the new capability
- Scale value proposition for new analytics solutions and enable productization in partnership with product and analytics teams
- Drive roadmap build for D&B Analytics Studio to enable new capabilities and features for our customers
- Drive new innovation sales:
- Actively identify, prospect and develop new Studio opportunities. Conduct business based conversations to identify stakeholders, business process, KPIs and critical success factors to close Studio opportunities
- Establish strong relationships with C-level and senior executives of clients and prospects within all functional areas of the business with the objective of driving greater value and business impact of D&B Analytics Studio
- Achieve aggressive Innovation sales targets within the fast growing analytics marketplace
- Leverage use cases, best practices, and application knowledge to develop thorough ROI analyses for clients
- Participate in account planning, business reviews & quarterly solution reviews as required
- Build analytics solution advocacy:
- Serve as a customer advocate to influence innovation roadmap and customer support initiatives for D&B Analytics Studio
- Evangelize Dun & Bradstreet’s analytic solutions to customers, internal partners, and the marketplace
- Participate in industry and company sponsored events and panels to further demonstrate thought leadership of D&B within this space
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or MS in Computers is a plus (Data Science Degree preferred)
- Demonstrated deep expertise and knowledge in the business application of analytics across various disciplines (risk, marketing, supply, etc.)
- Strong analytic skills – model usage and validation, data analysis and strategy design
- Experience with R, SQL, Python, Visualization tools preferred
- 5+ years of successful sales in a consultative/solution oriented team based selling environment with demonstrated customer facing experience, preferably in a selling analytic solutions to solve business
- 5+ years of proven success with driving new and existing large dollar engagements in highly complex environment
- Ability to identify new opportunities with existing customers (many of whom already buy multiple D&B solutions)
- Ability to manage and report on opportunities throughout the various stages with in the sales pipeline
- Results oriented, self-starter who is able to effectively influence across multiple role levels, drive priorities and own outcomes in a matrixed environment
- Ability to problem solve and clearly communicate alternative solutions that map to our core analytics assets and solve the customers’ business needs
- Proven track-record of success in a team selling environment
- Demonstrated ability to gain deep understanding of customers goals and objectives and in turn develop and carry vision through the organization
- Ability to provide clear, precise and effective communication in written and verbal format to both internal and external audiences.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, planning and problem-solving skills
- 25% - 50% travel
- Ideal candidate will be located in Austin, New Jersey, or New York
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.