Specialist, Sourcing and Procurement (R-14100)
Austin (Hybrid) - Texas - United States /
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is seeking a passionate, experienced Sourcing Specialist - Marketing & Gen to join their Global Sourcing, Procurement and Vendor Management (GSPV) organization.
The Specialist, Sourcing and Procurements primary focus is to provide sourcing, negotiation, contracting and procurement expertise for defined geographies across services and/or goods in support of Marketing and General Business areas (i.e., facilities, finance, audit, travel, etc.) in collaboration with stakeholders while mitigating risks and ensuring the best overall value for the business such as savings, avoidances, speed to business, profitability, efficiencies, productivity etc.
Essential Key Responsibilities/Job Summary:
- Work with business partners to: identify, review, negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives. This includes assisting in negotiating and authoring of contract terms, dates, and payments of contracts with service vendors and suppliers
- Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history
- Create and lead sourcing and tendering activities (e.g., RFx, results analysis, negotiations, and contract award) as well as supplier rationalization and benchmarking exercises
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain goods and services at the best price by using strategic sourcing strategies and extensive knowledge of their category/commodity industry
- Develop and leverage stakeholder relationships to understand underlying business goals/objectives, acting as a trusted value-adding advisor in cross-functional teams
- Support negotiation and authoring of contract terms which best protect D&B’s commercial, reputational, and legal interests, partnering with other SME teams as needed
- Maintain, evaluate, and monitor contracts to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Drive compliance with D&B’s Global Sourcing Policy and associated governance policies and procedures across the business
- Partner with Vendor Management colleagues to analyze supplier performance, track the market and realize opportunities for ongoing cost savings and service improvement
- Assisting with spend goals for the supplier diversity efforts and ensuring relationship management, balance of trade and diversity.
- Execute other initiatives as required and assigned by Leader.
Education/Experience and Competencies
- 3-5 years combined experience in Marketing, shared services, and generalist categories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field preferred.
- Proven experience in sourcing, negotiation, contracting and procurement processes and thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound time-management, critical thinking, and organizational skill
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.