Cloud Platform Engineer (R-15328)
Florham Park - New Jersey - United States
Employee: Full Time /
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
You will be joining a team focused on delivering the centralized platforms for our industry-leading, AWS and GCP based Shared Services solutions. This team is expanding quickly to tackle exciting challenges with our core and operational solutions leveraging distributed design and data processing technology. Your work will be vital to solidifying Dun & Bradstreet Cloud Services as the key central provider of services leveraged by our client delivery and data platforms.
Our Cloud Enablement team is looking for a high-caliber, well-rounded Cloud Platform Engineer with experience designing and managing our internal developer platform (IDP) runtimes. The candidate will be instrumental in the design, implementation, and management of our development experience.
- Help in developing standards for deploying, and running infrastructure / applications on our internal developer platform (IDP) and shared infrastructure runtimes environments in our hybrid cloud environment (GCP,AWS).
- Bring Kubernetes to a wide a range of use cases across our platforms, including our own tooling, as part of our cloud first transformation.
- Enforce development standards for source control, testing, and continuous integration for infrastructure, OS/container images, CI/CD pipelines, and configuration management.
- Develop self-service pipelines for deploying infrastructure and platforms that developers and portfolio managers can integrate with at scale.
- Work with development and product owners directly and regularly to prioritize future enhancements which allows the business and the organization to scale and grow quickly.
- Contribute to whiteboarding the design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of our platforms.
- Develop well defined processes for testing and integrating new technologies to meet both business and technical needs while driving the elimination of operational tasks through automation and self-service.
- 3-5 years of platform engineering experience supporting a hybrid cloud environment (GCP & AWS).
- 3-5 years of proven experience using Hashicorp Terraform for Infrastructure as Code to write advanced modules for deploying infrastructure or services which will provide automated & self-service deployment services.
- 5+ years of proven experience developing and maintaining the automated lifecycle of compute and containerized images for standard use and consumption within a hybrid cloud environment.
- 3-5 years applied experience in designing and scaling large server and Kubernetes environments preferably used in automated and/or self-service environments.
- 3+ years of experience developing or working with APIs and/or other integration solutions.
- 5+ years of proven automation experience working with configuration management tools(SaltStack/Ansible), Python/bash or equivalent operational scripting experience.
- Advanced applied knowledge and experience using some of the following tools: Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Harness, Artifactory, Python, Splunk.
- Strong and hands-on GCP & AWS cloud experience required.
- Strong Linux OS administration / configuration experience required. (Linux & Windows a plus)
- Possess troubleshooting skills that spans applications, networking, and systems.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with presenting findings to others, including leadership.
- Self-driven, willing to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment both individually and as part of a team.
- University degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.