Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Jacksonville - Florida - United States /
Corporate Communications /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
We currently have an opening on our public relations team to help us build public relations programs tied to Dun & Bradstreet’s business objectives. As Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, this role is at the heart of the engine that contributes to and implements an effective external communications program to raise awareness of our growth initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a public relations professionals who works collaboratively with individuals at all levels, effectively manage an external agency, coach leaders ahead of media interviews and be a resource for reporters covering our business. Reporting to the Director of External Communications, this role will support all PR activities related to Dun & Bradstreet’s external communications programs.
- Create & Implement PR strategies - Develop and drive PR programs that help explain how Dun & Bradstreet is making an impact for our clients. Strategies will infuse creative thinking and new ideas that move the needle on communications initiatives in support of key business priorities to build Dun & Bradstreet’s brand in the marketplace.
- Storytelling & Pitching - Generate key messaging and story narratives that highlight the company’s leadership position across finance and risk, and sales and marketing sectors. Stay on top of industry trends and proactively identify ways to insert Dun & Bradstreet’s data and voice into timely news stories. Proactively pitch Dun & Bradstreet’s solutions, thought leadership, and client stories. Build and/or strengthen key reporter relationships, staying current on relevant news outlets, reporters and their areas of focus.
- Interviews/Speaking Engagements for Executives & Employees - Manage our PR / editorial calendar to align media opportunities with the company’s priorities. Identify and prepare spokespeople for speaking engagements and media interviews through the development of messaging and talking points, and in-depth media training when required.
- Content Development - Own the writing process tied to big campaigns and product launches, taking responsibility to partner with subject matter experts to write press releases, key messages, media pitches, byline articles and briefing materials. Work side-by-side the Social Media and Employee Advocacy Manager to develop dynamic and engaging social media content and events such as Twitter chats and LinkedIn Live discussions.
- Collaborative Team Player - Collaborate closely across the business to ensure messaging and activities are aligned. Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results. Manage external public relations agency. Report program outcomes.
- Trusted Advisor - Serve as a strategic trusted advisor to leadership, business and key stakeholders across the company; collaborate with executives on tackling crisis and sensitive communication. Develop and maintain an understanding of our solutions, clients and our competitive landscape. Manage brand reputation.
- Journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories
- Solid understanding of the evolving media landscape; pulse on new opportunities and platforms
- Strong writing, editing, and communications skills
- Work well across various teams; able to multi-task
- A self-starter, able to initiate and run with ideas and projects
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience managing external communications
If any of this excites you, we want to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.