Director, Internal Audit (R-15253)
Jacksonville - Florida - United States
Employee: Full Time /
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The Internal Audit team is looking for an Internal Audit Director who is self-motivated, a strategic thinker, and a team player with excellent interpersonal skills who thrives on challenge.
The Internal Audit Director will report to the VP-Head of Internal Audit and will join a team of global Internal Auditors interacting with business leadership and process owners to assess risks and controls.
The Internal Audit Director will be a hands-on team member comfortable working autonomously, under the direction of the Head of Internal Audit, to plan, manage and report on Internal Audit projects as well as own the testing for certain audit areas.
The Internal Audit Director will assist in the development of our annual internal audit plan through our risk assessment process. As a team, we place a high value on strong and transparent relationships with our business partners, and the successful candidate will contribute to maintaining and growing the team’s relationships.
Essential Key Responsibilities
- Plan, supervise and execute operational and financial audits and assurance projects, globally, with people leadership responsibilities over a team of Senior Auditors.
- Identify audit risks and controls, develop testing approach, review and analyze evidence, document audit work in the audit software tool and review team members’ work product.
- Deliver audit reports that identify and document observations of the adequacy and effectiveness of management’s internal controls along with value-added recommendations and corrective actions.
- Clearly communicate audit observations and their implications to business partners and monitor the operationalization of remediation plans.
- Assist in the development of the annual risk-based Internal Audit plan. Leverage relationships with business partners and industry thought leaders to obtain input for the plan.
- Assist with special projects or investigations as needed.
- Build strong relationships with senior business leaders as a trusted business partner who will provide expert insight into internal controls and business risks.
Experience and Competencies
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant area of study required.
- CPA or CIA certification required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Experience in public accounting (Big 4 a plus), internal audit or internal controls groups, and working with large, complex global businesses.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing people or teams.
- Proven people leadership and team member development skills, as this role includes the people leadership of two Senior Auditor.
- Familiarity with internal controls frameworks.
- Strong work ethic, and organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to work and manage workload autonomously and timely with self-accountability for high quality deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and technical knowledge to enable identification, communication and resolution of findings and recommendations to all management levels.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work within a complex environment. Ability to learn new areas quickly, take ownership of issues and projects, develop recommendations, and partner with team members.
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.