Senior Software Engineer (Scala) - Remote (R-13451)
Florham Park (Hybrid) - New Jersey - United States /
Employee: Full Time - Remote
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Our D&B Hoovers team helps customers prospect and research through modern UI experiences and powerful backend systems. We build complex search solutions on top of scalable architectures that allow us to support hundreds of thousands of users and large data sets. We're working hard to build the most advanced set of business data and analytics on the market.
We move fast and take great pride in what we're building. If you love solving hard data problems, working with great teams, functional programming, and building scalable software using modern technologies like React, Scala, Elasticsearch, Postgres and Akka, we want to talk with you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build scalable services using Scala and Akka.
- Collaborate with UX and Product Management team to iterate on designs.
- Model analytical data in a searchable and scalable way.
- Serve data to the UI using a RESTful interface.
- Create new ways of pivoting client data with D&B’s rich datasets.
- Build automated tests using Specs2.
- Programming experience with functional languages such as Scala/Haskell/Clojure etc
- Experience working with relational data and NoSQL.
- Some understanding of fundamental computer science concepts such as the practical application of data structures and algorithmic complexity.
- Some experience analyzing performance and tuning an application for scale.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or Design.
- Experience with I18N and L10N.
- Experience working with Big Data.
- Experience working with ElasticSearch.
- Some comfort level writing HTML and CSS/LESS preferred.
What we offer:
- Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure.
- 100% paid parental leave after one year.
- Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
- Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
- Education assistance and extensive training resources.
- Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
- Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, your partner & dependents.
- Learn more at dnbyourbenefits.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.