Sales Development Representative- Inbound (R-13564/R-13565/R-13588)
Center Valley - Pennsylvania - United States /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Inbound SDR plays a very important front line role within our Sales organization to qualify commercial business leads. Excellent opportunity to move your way up the sales ladder. You will learn about marketing and sales campaigns and the sales cycle process
Essential Key Responsibilities/Job Summary:
- Manage inbound leads from marketing responses, chat, webforms and phone inquiries.
- Ability to recognize how to qualify a lead based off of Budget Authority Need and Timeline (BANT) and pass to the appropriate internal Sales Channel.
- Schedule appointments for your dedicated Sales Reps to close.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with different buy personas within a company (ex: Sales, Marketing, Finance, Compliance, etc.).
Education/Experience and Competencies
- 4-year college degree required.
- Experience in selling an intangible product (such as insurance, information, finance, etc.) and/or inside sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus.
- SaaS experience a major plus.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, LinkedIn).
- Ability to quickly adopt sales related technologies.
- Ability to adapt to an analytical, research focused mentality and environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.