ServiceNow Lead Engineer (R-13454)
Florham Park (Hybrid) - New Jersey - United States /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new and growing team as part of Dun & Bradstreet’s ITSM Transformation initiative. This initiative aims to transform IT Service Management through the delivery of a standard global operating model & Enterprise platform supported by a single data model, automation, and a simplified and integrated end-user experience. The Enterprise Platform Team partners closely with ITSM Practice and Service Owners to ensure ServiceNow is optimally configured to support global processes and provides maximum value to the Enterprise.
The ServiceNow Lead Developer is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Director of Service Management Platforms. In collaboration with the Platform Team, you will lead the design, development, and global implementation of ServiceNow applications, including but not limited to ITSM, ITOM and SAM. The ServiceNow Lead Developer provides technical design and architectural input and maintains stability of the overall platform by ensuring the appropriate design and development standards are used at all times. You will collaborate with a diverse workforce and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements from various stakeholders. This role requires strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and someone who is a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills. As a ServiceNow Lead Developer, you will be working in a fast-paced environment and delivering solutions that transform the way we work.
- Provide technical inputs during solutioning workshops and meetings with business analysts and users
- Create custom applications including creating service catalogues and configurations of workflows per user requirements
- Rectify defects identified during UAT or post go live
- Provide technical inputs in the ServiceNow Solution Architecture design to support scalability and interoperability of common components
- Work with functional and admin teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow
- Compose advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
- Configure 3rd party software integrations with ServiceNow
- Facilitate and support the rollout of new application and enhancements in ServiceNow
- Advise functional and admin teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices
- Integrate experience with ServiceNow and other systems ( Midserver knowledge, ServiceNow Orchestration, Active Directory, Workday, Salesforce, Jira, Microsoft Teams )
- Provide technical documentation from solution design to deployment for hand over to postproduction operations support
- Develop UAT test plans for user acceptance testing and sign-off
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of ServiceNow development, configuration and administration experience in an enterprise environment
- Proven and verifiable history of analyzing business situations and working within a group environment to provide efficient and effective software solutions
- Relational database expertise in relation to an enterprise software system (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS)
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, Jelly, CSS, PERL scripting, etc.), PowerShell
- Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow integration using LDAP, MS Active Directory, ADFS, Single Sign-on and web services integrations
- Integration (interfacing) of enterprise software systems with ServiceNow
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge, Release Management, Employee Service Center, etc.
- Experience working in and managing multiple update sets and coordinating their promotion throughout multiple instances
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features
- Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced, exciting, ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with business partners
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technical issues utilizing native capabilities and without unnecessary customizations
What We Offer
· Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure.
· 100% paid parental leave after one year.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.