Junior Java Developer
Warsaw - Poland /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
We're looking for a Junior Java Developer who will work in tandem with more experienced colleagues and help deliver various international projects. As part of an interdisciplinary team you will contribute to the design and development of new and innovative software solutions for the local as well as the European market. This will be done in close cooperation with other Technology Departments and Product Management.
Your key responsibilities:
- Analysis of customer requirements, development of solution proposals, conception and development of individual software systems in a complex process landscape.
- Programming in Java using current IT technologies
- You will take responsibility, make decisions on implementation details and identify opportunities and name risks
- You will participate in the development of the designed solutions from the first story to the go-live in the cloud
- Completed university studies in computer science or comparable degree
- First professional experience in Java software development
- First knowledge in Spring and Hibernate is an advantage
- Experience with the build process and in using the corresponding tools Gradle, GIT, Jira, Bamboo
- Knowledge of the following technologies is an advantage: Docker, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, AWS
- Curiosity and interest in contributing your own ideas
- Innovative strength, communicative and convincing team player
- Independent and structured way of working
- Sense of responsibility and reliability
- Good communication skills in English
Tool & Technologies:
- Java is a must. We are handling several versions and update to the latest one, once we touch a system
- The use of an IDE of your choice like Eclipse or IntelliJ
- We are using the Atlassian stack for CI/CD and therefor the Jira is for managing our ticket base, Confluence for documentation, BitBucket/Git for our SCM, etc.
- To be agile, we are running Scrum as our favorite approach with adaptations to the project if required
- Our main focus is to encapsulate our application in Docker container in order to get it up and running in AWS, GCP and OVH, depending on the environment
- Slack and the O365 suite are standard for communication
Your team and workplace:
- You are working closely with the German team as well as local team lead and keeping the German business up and running
- The German team have a long-lasting experience about the business and the dependencies and will guide you through this challenge.
- You will join the team and their future in new Google Cloud Platform (GCP) environment, with a step in AWS before.
- The training for this new environment comes with it and creates a track record which fits to my expectations, which is ready for the upcoming time.
- Your work environment (in the office and/or at home) will be modern and fit to the DNB approach.