Data Engineer I (R-14863)
Hyderabad - India
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The Role: As a Data Operations Analyst, you will be working as part of an agile team, hands on with source data through to end Product. you will be responsible for the analysis, operation and maintenance of the Data Management processes, creation of new data processes to meet business data requirements, ingestion of new sources of data and delivery against data quality standards.
Your focus will be across the end to end lifecycle of data management. Proactively driving and governing our data’s accuracy, integrity, completeness, conformity and consistency. You will be passionate about the power of modern Cloud native services and the potential to harness the scale and automation opportunities they present. The role will include continuous improvement as a measure of success and drive to deliver improvements across our data lifecycle management.
The role involves operating a new, cutting edge cloud native platform designed to accumulate, derive meaning from, and apply stewardship to, large, diverse datasets. The candidate will bring a DataOps mindset to the platform share KPIs and collaborate closely with internal Data Owner teams, Technology Cloud Ops and SRE teams as well as engage directly with external source data providers and partners.
· Responsible for the end to end operational management of cloud data platform, adhering to required data management and governance practices
· Create & manage data ingestion & extraction, including web data collection via python, api integrations, batch file deliveries among others
· Lead the business decision-making by retrieving, aggregating datasets from multiple sources into actionable format and tools
· Manage the provision of data sets and tools for business data analysis and analytics
· Develop a variety of database query and visualization tools to identify and understand platform issues or events
· Provide technical expertise in extraction, integration, and analysis of critical data
· Own test case scenarios, prepare test data and perform Data Ops User Acceptance testing as platform functionality evolves
· 2+ years of experience within a similar position
· Strong Python and SQL is a minimum requirement, experience with python librararies for data collection & ingestion such as pandas, selenium, beautifulsoup, scrapy are preferred.
· Knowledge of DataOps methodology and approach preferred
· Experience with cloud data processing (Aws or GCP) preferred
· Passionate and curious about data with the ability to query and analyze datasets, in-order to drive, fact- based decisions
· Experience in various methods of data ingestion and collection preferred, areas such as web data collection, ftp and other file delivery channels
· Strong data visualization skills. Hands on experience with Looker, PowerBI or other data visualization tools
· Strong knowledge of data transformation processes, exposure to standard and complex datatypes. knowledge of latest solutions in the market a plus
· Experience working in agile teams and SCRUM methodology
· Robust data knowledge preferably around business data sets with proven analytical and quantitative skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science field, Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.