Principal Software Engineer (R-14159)
Austin (Hybrid) - Texas - United States /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Part of the Sales and Marketing Solutions (S&MS) suite of products, D&B Rev.Up™ABX is the new open RevTech platform B2B marketers have been waiting for. It helps customers grow revenue with unified data, targeted audiences, and personalize activations across channels, as well as track the results.
It is built to transform sales and marketing teams into REVENUE teams. Plus, it gives the customers the power to learn - know the buyers, activate – to one channel or many, engage - give the personal touch, and to win - convert buyers faster.
D&B Rev.Up ABX for Sales makes it possible for sales teams to focus on their best prospects and accelerate the path to conversion, automate sales plays, SDR prospecting, send insights to sellers, track account engagement, and feed recommendations to sales.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with our top engineers across our UI, application, platform, and data science teams to build a cutting-edge Customer Data Platform that will challenge you and your teammates technically and intellectually. The team operates in an Agile/Scrum environment and works closely with a cross-functional team of UX designers, product managers, project managers, and QA to invent the best solutions in the “Big Data” Sales and Marketing space. The team is very collaborative, open to diverse opinions, and looking for new team members ready to propose new viewpoints and bold solutions. Our culture is built on mentorship, so you should be prepared to learn from others and also teach others from your experience. The exposure to state-of-the-art technologies, best-in-class software development practices, and top engineering talent has made the D&B Lattice team a great training ground for junior engineers looking to jump-start their career.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of industry experience developing production software
- 6+ years of experience with Java, C++, or a related computer programming language
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming & design
- Self-driven, ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to articulate, document, and present software designs and technical decisions to team members and project leads
- Big data, data processing pipelines, or ETL (extract, transform, load) systems
- MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Cascading, Flume, Flink, Yarn, Docker, or similar technologies
- Database design, SQL, NoSQL Databases, and JDBC
- Amazon AWS (or other) cloud technologies: EMR, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, ECS
- HTTP, REST & CRUD APIs, microservices, JSON, Java Spring Framework, and SaaS applications
- Software test design and development; unit, functional, & deployment testing; CI/CD environments; Jenkins; JUnit, TestNG, or other test frameworks
- Exposure to Agile/Sprint/Scrum software development practices
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.