Principal Solution Engineer - Public Sector (R-13631)
Reston - Virginia - United States /
Government Relations /
Employee: Full Time - Remote
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The D&B Public Sector Principal Solution Engineer provides consulting, in partnership with Client Directors and Business Development Executives to offer industry, technical, product, and subject matter expertise to D&B’s Public Sector clients. Principal Solution Engineer leads efforts to develop marketplace "Share of Mind" and enhance the perception of D&B as a market and industry leader.
Also, the Principal Solution Engineer interacts with peers across industry and government to stay abreast of new data assets and technologies that can be used to innovate on D&B solution offerings.
A typical day for the Principal Solution Engineer might include participating in customer discovery sessions to collect project requirements, working with our team of data scientists to develop analytics that meet specific customer needs, designing a solution using the best mix of D&B data, people, and technology to solve a customer’s critical mission challenges, or coordinating with post-sales development and implementation teams to ensure the timely delivery of customers solutions.
- Perform customer discovery sessions to understand and document business requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions.
- Apply expertise in Dun & Bradstreet COTS solutions to position them with leaders at Government clients.
- Work with Business Development Executives and Client Directors to identify new innovative applications of Dun & Bradstreet data, technology, and attached services.
- Deliver technical expertise to expand penetration and influence in client environments, and to create new revenue streams.
- Serve as a guide and mentor to less experience solution engineers.
- Document, via diagrams and writing, and present solutions to the customer describes the benefits of the solution.
- Build relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Responsible for growing strategic product sales and revenue through proactive engagement with customers.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning discussions with other members of the sales team.
- Participate in industry events to learn about new technologies and interact with potential clients and partners
- Follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers.
- Work with technical architects to design solutions that are compliant with D&B legal, privacy, technology, and security standards.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS (Master’s Degree Preferred).
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience in Sales/Solution Engineering or Solution Architecture which involves end to end systems architecture, integration and consulting for business and IT planning.
- Ability to develop and manage senior-level relationships within the Government CIO and IT community is required.
- Experience with data cleansing and analysis technologies such as SQL, Python, R, or other is required.
- Knowledge of CRM, Marketing Automation, ERP’s, Master Data and Master Data Management is highly desired.
- Understanding of cloud architectures including AWS and GCP highly desired.
- Familiarity with current development trends, such as agile methodologies, SQL/NoSQL database management, and conceptual level knowledge of graph database architectures.
- In-depth knowledge and/or experience with D&B data and integration technologies a plus.
- The Principal Solution Engineer is a remote position, but some travel may be required.
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AND HOLD A US GOVERNMENT CLEARANCE AT TIME OF HIRE.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.