Principal Platform Engineer (R-13772)
Remote - United States /
Employee: Full Time - Remote
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is looking for a seasoned professional to join our Infrastructure & Platform Engineering Team. You will be part of a group responsible for architecture, design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the firm’s standard cloud compute platform.
As the Principal Platform Engineer in the Platform Engineering team, you will join a team of brilliant, friendly, and energetic solutions architects, developers, engineers and project managers who strive to deliver best of breed custom solutions to our customers. You will be responsible for managing team of FTEs and/or 3rd party contractors.
Are you someone that can thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced environment? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
- Responsible for collaborating with business and technology stakeholders, and product teams to develop and articulate the Platform Runtime vision; as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience.
- Manage, design, develop, and implement cloud compute platforms, for example Kubernetes, Virtual Machines and Serverless technologies in the various public cloud providers.
- Ensure integrations in the platform runtimes are consistent across compute methods and standard for all deployments, including secrets management, logging, observability and cloud storage technologies.
- Act as the subject matter expert in Cloud Compute discussions with cross functional Technical and Business Stakeholders
- Ensure the platform runtimes adhere to all global security policies.
- Work closely with the Platform Developer Experience team to ensure seamless integrations and handoffs between developer tools and the various runtime platforms.
- Create Platform Runtime Onboarding, Data Governance and Policies ensuring best practices and continuous improvements are met.
- Work with the Platform Adoption team to ensure viable “on ramps” exist to meet users where they are to ensure a smooth adoption of the new platform.
- Ensure the supported Platform Runtimes are integrated with the firm’s CMDB data store.
- Direct experience with GCP and/or AWS is required.
- 3+ years of extensive hands on experience with Kubernetes, Cloud compute technologies (EC2, GCE, VMware) and Serverless technologies (Lambda, Functions)
- Strong coding background a python, java, golang, perl or shell scripting. Must have experience coding in Terraform.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud / physical / virtual platforms
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
What We Offer
· Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure.
· 100% paid parental leave after one year.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.