Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
Jacksonville - Florida - United States /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. And you'll feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports.
So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Principal Quality Assurance Engineer Responsibilities
- Design and deliver risk-based test plans for new and current features and functionalities of D&B applications and full stack development processes.
- Assess feature and project requirements to develop test strategy and QA deliverables to ensure end to end test coverage which includes gap analysis through SDLC.
- Oversee, build, and maintain knowledge repository of policies, procedures and standards ensuring delivery of high-quality features and functionality.
- Lead the anomaly detection framework for automation by identifying test failures in the automation scripts and/or application code for feature readiness for all environments during acceptance testing.
- Lead the accuracy and identification of the source of discrepancies between expected/actual test results and analyze the impact of any design changes.
- Design and implement big data driven testing and validation strategies advancing new and regression transactional test utilizing Snowflake, SQL, platforms, and/or Python code.
- Analyze, validate, and visualize data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL (Extract, Transfer & Load Data) and reporting/BI (Business Intelligence) to test data supply chain using tools like Power BI and data views.
- Partner with the Data Engineering and Data Site Reliability platform teams to develop feature specific automated test cases ensuring the data accuracy.
- Define strategy and plan the roadmap for automation and framework to achieve higher testing throughput, increased accessibility, and test execution flexibility.
- Analyze and decompose complicated software system, design testing strategy to drive high quality feature delivery to targeted release and increase regression coverage through automation.
- Lead the QA function completeness for change management production readiness.
- Mentor, coach, and train QA engineers regarding execution of automated scripts and error research.
- Ensuring 99.99% customer facing application stability.
- Take ownership of team success and customer outcomes.
- Ensure deliverables are being worked upon to satisfy the project requirements and schedule which include co-ordinate and track with the offshore team on the various test activities and provide guidance.
- May work from home from any location in the United States or from any Dun & Bradstreet office in the U.S.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (U.S. or foreign degree equivalent) plus three (3) years of progressively responsible, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or a related quality assurance engineering or quality assurance development role OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (U.S. or foreign degree equivalent) plus five (5) years of progressively responsible, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or a related quality assurance engineering or quality assurance development role.
- Three (3) years with a Master’s degree OR five (5) years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree with: designing automation strategy and evaluating automation tools that drive innovation and methods into projects which simulates business cases or stories; utilizing software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, Agile Methodology, and Quality Assurance Best Practices; developing test strategy including test plan, test scenarios and test cases to ensure test coverage; information technology project management, quality assurance, quality control, as well as load and performance testing; utilizing Jenkins and Source Code Management tools such as GIT or GitHub; designing and creating automation framework for Web Application under Test using Selenium WebDriver with JBehave or CUCUMBER framework; and utilizing each of the following tools and technologies including: Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Node.JS, Java, Java Script, CSS, WebServices, Microservices; defining volume requirements, debug test scripts, and performing load test using Jmeter by analyzing the live web traffic using New Relic; performing data analysis, data verification, and data validation of ETL (extract, transform, load) applications using backend and database testing; writing Transact SQL queries involving creation of Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, File groups, Partitions, performing inserts, updates, deletes using Joins, Sub queries, Cursors and adding constraints on the tables; manipulating data using SSIS and TSQL; writing complex stored procedures and TSQL code; performance tuning SQL Server and SSIS Packages; write efficient TSQL and ETL Code; utilizing API (application programming interface) system and application-level testing using Postman; and working with synthetic monitoring tools such as New Relic APM or Paper Trail tools.
- Must have three (3) years of experience required with: utilizing Single Sign On (SSO) using SAML 2.0, IDaaS, or OKTA integrations; and working with core AWS services and security practices. May work from home from any location in the United States or from any Dun & Bradstreet office in the U.S.
At D&B we value the diversity of perspectives that result from a variety of life experiences: ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, genders, and other factors. Ours is a winning culture where we work together as a team with a clear focus on common goals and where team members are able to grow, develop and contribute to their fullest. Since 1841, we’ve given companies the insight they need to realize their potential... and we can do the same for your career.
As an industry leader, we offer world-class compensation and an exceptional benefits package. As well, you will enjoy an environment that recognizes and rewards your accomplishments.
What We Offer
· Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure.
· 100% paid parental leave after one year.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.