London - England
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
About the role
Join a small team of attorneys responsible for providing strategic and commercial legal guidance to the UK and Ireland (UK&I) businesses.
The Attorney role is based in D&B’s London office (Paddington) and the successful applicant will join the existing UK&I-based members of D&B’s Global Legal Team.
- Partnering with: (i) D&B’s UK&I Sales teams to advise and manage deals to conclusion, including advising on commercial deal structuring, negotiating and drafting contracts with D&B’s customers (oftentimes through their procurement professionals and attorneys), and (ii) other D&B business units based in the UK&I to negotiate and document contracts with licensors, distribution partners, and suppliers;
- International work, in the form of providing advice and support to the European business. This includes assisting in the structuring, negotiation and project management of cross-jurisdictional deals. Providing business-focused advice on deal execution, advising on commercial deal structuring and negotiating/drafting European contracts;
- Providing general advice and support to procurement function (including the preparation of standard form templates for use with vendors and where required negotiate and draft vendor agreements);
- Providing advice and support to the UK&I Customer and Data teams in connection with data purchasing, data quality management and complaints handling, including where required contract negotiation and drafting, and complaint/litigation advice and management;
- Providing advice and support to the UK&I Finance, Revenue, and Provisioning functions, including advising on processes, documentation, and revenue recognition issues;
- Working with other internal constituents (e.g., product management, product development, marketing, vendor management, data & operations, pricing, finance) to support business initiatives that affect contract management and compliance;
- Leading initiatives to enhance and improve Dun & Bradstreet's' standard contract forms and processes, and producing new standard contract forms;
- Supporting cross-functional strategic initiatives relating to ongoing commercial relationships, including new product introductions, data innovation, technology improvements and commercial arrangements with respect to global customers and global alliance partners;
- Liaising with colleagues in the in-house Global Legal Team and local outside counsel, for specialised and/or localised support as needed (e.g., complaints handling/litigation, M&A, tax, etc.);
- Keeping the business abreast of legal and regulatory developments, in order that the leadership teams can react accordingly and coordinate actions.
- An English qualified solicitor or barrister with experience of negotiating a wide range of contracts directly with customers, suppliers and other parties. Previous experience at a recognized law firm and/or within an in-house environment is required.
- Newly qualified solicitors and barristers may apply.
- Strong academics and training, including legal drafting and relationship management.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contract law, intellectual property licensing and commercial contracting concepts is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and influence internal partners at all levels.
- Previous experience of supporting a sales function/organization is desirable.
- Strong organizational, analytical, oral and written communication, problem solving skills, intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude and a high level of integrity are crucial.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a global team.
- Excellent computer skills (use of Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Fluent in English.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.