The Democratic National Committee’s Tech team is hiring a Data Analyst to clean, repackage, build pipelines for, and analyze real-time data to help Democrats win elections and to empower progressives across the country.
Who we are:
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that develops and supports technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day.
We are building a team geared to take on the biggest challenges. So we are hiring analysts, product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, client support, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives – building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations. You can read more about us on our blog on Medium.
Who you are:
We're focused on equipping candidates and campaigns around the country with the data and analytics resources they need to win, and are looking for Analysts with a diverse range of backgrounds and skill sets to help us tackle numerous projects. Among other things, in this role you could help us:
Among other things, in this role you could help us:
- Strengthen and expand core DNC data products, with a focus on enhancing the integrity of our data, making our products more accessible, and encouraging wider adoption of DNC data products. Help us continue building upon and improving the data we provide, and create systems to get the right data into the hands of decision makers who are driving Democratic campaigns from the school board to the presidential level.
- Identify opportunities to develop new datasets and products that help Democrats fully leverage data in their decision-making. Work on better understanding the end users of Democratic data and providing the support and resources that best meet their needs. Help us think about how we can make data, analytics, and data science products more impactful and accessible to the campaigns that rely on them.
- Support acquisitions of new datasets to improve campaign targeting and decision making. Help us identify opportunities to augment our current data store with a focus on helping campaigns efficiently identify and reach target voters, and measure the effects of their programs.
You might be right for this role if you:
- Have experience working with data in a political context
- Have experience building and/or maintaining ETL data pipelines
- Are comfortable diving into new, messy datasets, and structuring them to allow quick analysis and insights
- Are proficient in SQL
- Feel comfortable with one or more of the following: Python, R, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio), workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow, Mistral YAML) or political CRMs (e.g. Votebuilder, NGP, BSD)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Are curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse, distributed team to solve interesting problems together
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States. This is an election cycle position, ending in November 2020.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.