Manager, Customer Success Team
The Democratic National Committee’s Tech team is hiring a customer success manager to lead a team of community analysts who provide implementation and technical support for the data and tools we provide to help candidates win elections and to empower progressives across the country.
Who we are
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that provides the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day. But there’s more to do. So we’re hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives—building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.
The customer success manager leads a team that takes pride in delivering a top notch customer experience. Your primary role involves managing a team of community analysts who assist customers in resolving technical support issues for our data warehouse and tools powered by Google’s BigQuery.
Duties include all aspects of people management, assisting analysts with understanding and prioritizing the customer support queue (Zendesk), managing escalations, and ensuring process definition and compliance within the team. You will be curious, positive, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to monitor and report on our team's performance KPIs and work closely with our product, engineering and data teams. You are collaborative by nature, enjoy mentoring team members, and thrive under pressure.
In your manager role, it is you and your team on the front line of delivering an exceptional customer experience to our users—data analysts and data scientists on presidential and down-ballot campaigns, state parties, sister committees (like the DCCC) and analytics firms. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of community analysts to achieve business objectives around KPI attainment and operational excellence.
- Setting team goals in alignment with our overarching product strategy.
- Ensuring that direct reports leverage the resources, tools, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective technical solutions to customers.
- Ensuring the team has a robust script of responses to common questions to uphold the DNC tech brand, vision and priorities.
- Managing workflows and schedules for direct reports to ensure adequate and equitable coverage of the Zendesk queue.
- Managing and communicating about customer escalations for your direct reports when necessary.
- Creating partnerships with our product team to ensure cross-team alignment on product rollouts and customer support plans.
- Working with direct reports to ensure that user feedback is consistently communicated to the product team.
- Consistently reporting on Zendesk, ‘state of the queue’, to the entire tech team—bringing transparency and visibility into the customer support trends.
- Advocating for customers and defining ways to continually add value to the customer experience.
- Serving as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for your direct reports, building credibility and trust within your team.
- Building relationships with state party and sister committee stakeholders and constituents.
- Driving user training strategy.
- Minimum of 3 years managing technical support professionals. Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical support role.
- Fluency with Zendesk or similar customer service tools.
- SQL, or any other language efficient for analyzing datasets.
- Jira, or similar project tracking tools.
- Detailed and organized, with a track record for understanding urgency and delivering quality results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure, juggling multiple time-sensitive priorities..
- Demonstrated confidence in dealing with all levels of management, both internal and external to the DNC.
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with departments across the organization including product, data, and engineering.
Do you want to..
- Secure the future of our country? We believe the future of democracy is at stake. Our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people? We have a diverse, distributed team, and hiring the best people we can, wherever they are -- alumni from past campaigns, the political tech ecosystem, Silicon Valley, and more.
- Never stop learning? There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing a lot of new trails. You should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can!
This is a full-time role. We are a remote team with a concentration of folks in Washington, D.C., San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Chicago and New York. If you are coming from industry, however, be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we've done some budget hacking so we can be competitive when it comes to salaries we know we can’t beat Google or Facebook. On the other hand, you might legit help save the world.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.