Deputy Director of Email and SMS
Washington, DC (DNC HQ) /
The mission of the Mobilization Team at the Democratic National Committee is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide Americans with encouragement, power, and tools to mobilize in their communities.
We organize in all 3,413 counties across the country, through the state parties and from the grassroots, and we seek to impact down-ballot races and fight for the Biden-Harris agenda every step of the way.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to spreading the truth, getting people more deeply involved, and mobilizing grassroots donors to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
Deputy Director of Email and SMS
The Mobilization Team is looking for a Deputy Director of Email and SMS who will work alongside the Director to manage the team’s drafting, editing, and production process. The Deputy will also strongly collaborate with the Grassroots Prospects Manager and Testing and Optimization manager to ensure all testing and reactivation campaigns are integrated seamlessly into our day-to-day programming.
What you will do:
- Manage the workflow of Strategists, as well as coordination across our Analytics, Design, Digital Organizing, and Direct Marketing Teams;
- Oversee the email and SMS calendar, ensuring that content is reaching and mobilizing our grassroots supporters while telling a story about the work of the DNC;
- Ensure all testing and reactivation campaigns are integrated seamlessly into our day-to-day programming. Assist in the management of one of the largest and most complex email and SMS lists in politics; and,
- Be available to assist in overflow drafting and production needs.
- You have a strong understanding of email fundraising best practices;
- You’ve practiced strong project and people management skills;
- You pay excellent attention to consistency and detail; including excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; and,
- You act quickly in rapid response situations, you can innovate within situations that change on the fly, and you maintain a positive attitude through it all.
- 2-3+ years working with an email, SMS, or direct marketing program for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit organization;
- Advanced knowledge of website CMS, CRM, or mass email systems (e.g. Action Network, ActionKit, EveryAction); and,
- Experience innovating online fundraising and organizing alongside vendors (e.g. Movable Ink, Return Path, Mobilize America, Mobile Commons, or Hustle).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.