Youth Vote Director (State Coordinated Campaign)
Political & Organizing /
The Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our youth organizing program to engage young people in targeted states both on and off college campuses and activate a youth volunteer network to help get out the vote. The program will include virtual electoral organizing tactics such as phone banking, peer-to-peer text banking, relational tools, and more. This role will report to the Organizing Director.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee a volunteer led youth organizing program focused on building teams that are focused on mobilization and GOTV in the fall.
- Oversee a statewide campus voter engagement program on campuses that will train students, fellows, and volunteers to organize their campus around issues and for Democrats up-and-down the ballot
- Manage campus voter registration and vote-by-mail programs and create creative solutions for reaching both in-person and remote students
- Use digital organizing tactics to build online organizing communities and offline communities where possible
- Promote and execute programs worthy of press and media
- Develop relationships and partnerships with local community and student groups in order to hit goals
- Execute coordinated campaign plans and effective organizing tactics including traditional grassroots voter contact coupled with creative earned media actions, as well as event planning and turnout
- Meet all data and field reporting deadlines
- 1 year/1 election cycle of field organizing and managing students, volunteers and fellows
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Very well organized; excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Experience working with VAN or Votebuilder
- Experience with both issue and electoral organizing
- Experience organizing in communities of color
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.