Deputy Digital Ads Director
Washington, DC (DNC HQ) /
The mission of the Mobilization Team at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide Americans with encouragement, power, and tools to mobilize in their communities.
The majority of DNC fundraising comes through grassroots channels, and because of the strength of that program, we’re able to organize in every state and territory across the country, through the state parties and from the grassroots. Our job over the next few years is to leverage that support to win down-ballot races and fight for the Democratic agenda every step of the way.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to empowering grassroots supporters to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
The Mobilization Team is looking for a digital ads practitioner who will work alongside the Digital Ads Director to manage team processes and expand the DNC’s paid media program’s efforts to acquire, reactivate, and retain DNC supporters. You will help manage creative and audience creation, testing and trafficking strategy, and reporting.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the workflow of strategists, establish team processes, and lead training and onboarding
- Oversee and execute digital ads requests from departments within the DNC, including Communications, Political, and Organizing
- Assist the Digital Ads Director in editing ad content, reviewing campaign optimizations, managing program budgets and tracking progress to short and long-term goals
- Create complex media plans that achieve a variety of goals: persuasion, mobilization, fundraising, and acquisition
- Work with platform representatives, publishers, and third-party vendors to review active campaigns’ results and identify new opportunities for collaboration.
- Write ad copy, produce compelling creative and traffic digital advertising campaigns as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- You have a strong understanding of the digital ads landscape, best practices, benchmarks for success and emerging digital trends;
- You are a data-driven thinker who makes programmatic decisions based on statistical performance, with excellent attention to consistency and detail.
- You have a proven ability to work both individually and in teams in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at once.
- You employ excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You take a “roll up your sleeves” approach to the work – willing to both strategize and execute
- You’ve practiced strong project and people management skills
- You must be in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area
The starting salary for the Deputy Digital Ads Director position is $90,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employee and dependents.
The DNC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to succeed at the DNC. The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DNC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DNC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. We welcome applicants with questions about accommodations to request to speak with our Human Resources Department. When an applicant with a disability requires an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing our Human Resources Department.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time; and,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.