Deputy Abroad Finance Director
Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
The Deputy Abroad Finance Director reports to the Mid-Atlantic, Abroad and PAC Finance Director and assists with international fundraising outside of the United States. This role focuses on fundraising and engagement with Democrats living in all international markets, with a specific focus on London, Paris, Frankfurt, and some Asian markets.
The Deputy Abroad Finance Director works closely with the Mid-Atlantic, Abroad and PAC Finance Director in creating and implementing a region-specific finance plan and supporting the execution of principal and surrogate travel and fundraising events abroad. The Deputy Democrats Abroad Finance Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating and maintaining relationships with the top donors internationally.
Applicant must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills and have some political campaign experience. Experience working in the international market is strongly preferred. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Providing support for the execution of principal and surrogate travel internationally including scheduling donor meetings and creating briefing memos
- Assisting in the execution of fundraising events internationally
- Assisting the Democrats Abroad Finance Director in maintaining internal donor relationships
- Performing research to identify prospective new major donors and raisers and working to re-engage lapsed donors
- Creating and managing a tracking system for all international donors
- Creating and managing an international finance email program to keep major donors abroad informed and engaged
- Travel and staff surrogates at DNC meetings and events as needed
- Providing support to the Abroad Finance Director as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or relevant work experience
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of NGP database preferred
- Experience working on campaign or political committee fundraising teams for 1-2 cycles preferred
- Experience working internationally preferred
The starting salary for the Deputy Abroad Finance Director position is $60,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is represented by SEIU Local-500 and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
This position requires up to 30% travel both in the Washington, D.C. area and across the country to attend and support meetings and events.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.