Director of Direct Marketing Fundraising
Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
The Democratic National Committee’s Direct Marketing Fundraising Director will oversee all aspects of direct marketing mail, telemarketing and related online fundraising programs, leading one of the largest and most active grassroots fundraising programs in politics. This includes supervising the direct marketing staff, agency and vendors, managing the budget, developing all offline direct marketing projects as well as coordinating full integration of offline and online fundraising efforts. It is expected that the Director will collaborate across the Mobilization unit and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to create an innovative and cutting edge direct marketing program that follows a donor-centric narrative. It is of the top priority that the direct marketing program is integrated with online messaging and that it maximizes fundraising efforts for the Party.
The Direct Marketing Fundraising Director will be a senior member of the new Mobilization Department. The mission of the Mobilization Department at the DNC is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and to provide Americans with encouragement, power, and tools to mobilize in their communities.
What You’ll Do
- Direct and lead a team to execute direct marketing campaigns using fundraising and mobilization tactics to achieve our ambitious goals, including raising grassroots donations from as many Americans as possible. This includes, but is not limited to:
- o Overseeing all strategy and operations of the direct mail, telemarketing and related integrated online programs;
- o Managing direct marketing staff members;
- o Managing all consultants, agency partners and vendors.
- Innovate how to best reach and mobilize our grassroots to tell a story about the work of the DNC that is coherent and integrated across all direct marketing channels.
- Commit to the goals of the Committee’s Mobilization vision and direct strategies to maximize grassroots fundraising efforts.
- Coordinates at the senior level with the Mobilization team, communications and digital directors to ensure message and creative integration, and a coherent narrative for DNC supporters across channels.
- Lead message development for all direct marketing campaigns, and manage coordination of vendors and consultants for all direct marketing programs (including but not limited to direct mail, telemarketing and related online campaigns).
- Identifies opportunities to maximize revenue and increase lifetime value of direct marketing donors.
- Innovates and brings new ideas to the table for direct mail, telemarketing efforts and coordinated digital fundraising efforts.
- Utilizes analytical skills to track, understand and make strategic decisions based on direct marketing analysis and statistical performance. Drives analysis projects to track long-term donor value, ROI and retention rates of grassroots donors.
- Responsible for creating and managing the direct marketing budget, including campaign performance projections and cash and expense flow.
- A Bachelor’s degree and six to eight years of relevant experience in the political realm and/or non-profit organizations (501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3)).
- Expert direct marketing knowledge; you should have deep and demonstrable experience managing direct mail, telemarketing, online campaigns and an expert level knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Experience managing complex revenue and expense budgets; including being responsible for cash and expense flow projections.
- Possess well-developed data analytics skills, and knowledge of direct marketing statistics and benchmarks.
- Strong management and communication skills both with internal staff and outside vendors. You should know how to build a team, cultivate teamwork, and inspire others to excellence
- You must be in DC or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.