Senior Research Manager
Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
Research is the messaging and strategy backbone of campaigns. We scour public records, campaign finance reports, articles, interviews, books, legislation, and more to gain a deep understanding of the topics and candidates we research.
If you’re interested in helping us relentlessly dig for the truth - come join us!
Our Senior Research Managers play a key role in overseeing the department’s workstreams, constructing and executing on research plans, and overseeing the work of a large staff of researchers. We are looking for applicants with a substantial background in political research and experience managing campaign research processes and teams.
- Oversee a team of researchers responsible for executing comprehensive research plans on multiple candidates;
- Work with department leadership to formulate comprehensive research plans on multiple candidates;
- Provide rapid response and communications staff with succinct documents that can be used to generate public-facing content;
- Work with junior staff to edit and refine research products; and,
- Lead team efforts to generate ideas for public records requests or investigative projects, and analyze responsive records.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- Mastery of common research tools and resources, including public records requests, campaign finance reports, personal financial disclosures, legal records, policy and legislation, ad tracking, and LexisNexis;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including an eagle-eye for typos and errors; and,
- Strict attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- At least three cycles of experience in political research, with at least one cycle in a leadership role or in managing major research projects and workstreams;
- Deep understanding of politics and political campaigns;
- Significant experience and ability to train junior staff on LexisNexis, campaign finance databases, federal and state-level vote analysis, statistical data gathering, and primary source materials;
- Ability to manage and track progress on long-term projects and appropriately delegate tasks to team members to complete projects on tight deadlines;
- Ability and desire to keep up and aggressively engage in the 24-hour news cycle; and,
- Creative thinking and desire to explore new avenues
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
This position is not eligible for overtime wages and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.