Director of Surrogates and Booking
Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
The Director of Surrogates and Booking works with the Deputy Communications Director to create and execute Democratic National Committee’s strategy for deploying surrogates and allies across national and regional media outlets. The Director will be responsible for overseeing all relationships with media bookers, crafting and deploying message guidance and talking points, and developing strategies to increase the visibility of DNC leaders and surrogates across TV networks, radio, digital streaming programs, podcasts, and more.
- Craft and deploy message guidance and talking points for surrogates;
- Cultivate, maintain, and nurture high-level national broadcast, digital streaming, radio, and podcast relationships and partnerships on an ongoing basis;
- Overseeing the strategy for pitching DNC leaders and surrogates for media appearances, including handling the necessary logistics and managing preparation and research, and;
- Work with senior communications team leadership to determine the value of incoming media appearance requests.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in media and/or communications;
- Existing relationships with hosts, broadcast reporters, producers, and bookers required;
- Excellent instincts for what drives news and political judgment;
- Strong interest in media and politics;
- Ability to represent the DNC with maturity and judgment;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Fearlessness in building relationships;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail; and,
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.