State Data Program Lead
The DNC is seeking a Data Program Lead. The Data Program Lead will be based out of a battleground state (AZ, FL, MI, NC, PA, or WI) as part of the Battleground Build-Up 2020 program. The Data Program Lead in the state will be responsible for developing and maintaining data standards to ensure data capture and hygiene, supporting DNC state programs, targeting and resource allocation, and reporting on program progress, to help Democrats up and down the ballot. The Data Program Lead will report to the DNC’s Battleground States Analytics Manager.
The ideal applicant works well in fast-paced environments, and can effectively communicate within our team and across departments, and has experience working with data in a political context, e.g. in tools like VAN. We’re looking for a diverse, passionate, patient, and hard-working individual to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket. The Data Program Lead is a full time, temporary position through the 2020 General Election and will be offered a salary of $6,000 per month with comprehensive benefits coverage.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Working with the DNC’s national team to ensure a strong framework is in place for clean, consistent data entry by DNC organizing programs. Ensure data is being tracked across states in a scalable way and clear systems and documentation exist to ensure high quality data tracking throughout the cycle.
- Running daily, weekly, and cumulative reports for dissemination to the DNC field staff and other stakeholders to monitor campaign progress and inform program adjustments.
- Supporting the DNC tech team in building new reporting systems, monitoring program progress, and flagging issues as they arise.
- Working with the field management teams to train organizers on VAN.
- Keeping their manager apprised of all relevant data issues in the state organizing program.
- Working directly with DNC leadership to provide technical perspective at the strategic and tactical levels.
You might be right for this role if you have all or some of the following:
- A positive, customer-service oriented personality and the ability to respond to issues promptly
- At least 1-2 cycles of campaign experience
- Demonstrated data analysis and communication skills, in a political environment.
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs.
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder as both a user and an administrator.
- Strong computer skills are required and candidates should have experience using spreadsheet and database applications (fluency with Excel/Google Sheets is a must have, experience with SQL is a big plus, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio, GIS, etc.)
- Expertise with using statistical models to support campaign targeting decisions.
- Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports.
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.