Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
The mission of the Research Department at the Democratic National Committee is to ensure Americans get the facts about politicians and their policies before heading to the ballot box.
We scour public records, campaign finance reports, articles, interviews, books, legislation, and more to gain a deep understanding of the topics we research and provide information to people across the country. Research is the messaging and strategy backbone for our campaigns.
If you’re interested in helping us relentlessly dig for the truth to hold Republicans accountable, come join us!
Our Research Associates dig into a wide array of topics and help develop projects that examine Republican candidates and groups, policies, businesses, and public records. They play a key role in holding the Trump Administration and Republicans across the country accountable.
We look for applicants who have a great political sense and knowledge of politicians, political parties, outside groups, and the legislative process. The ideal candidate should possess a basic understanding of public records requests, campaign finance reports, personal financial disclosures, policy and legislation, third party groups, ad tracking, and LexisNexis.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and maintain research documents on the political appointees, policy positions, and initiatives of the White House, federal agencies, and Congress
- Thoroughly gather information and succinctly summarize key points from a variety of sources, including Nexis and major news outlets, reputable think tanks, government agencies, campaign finance reports, corporate filings, legal records, and other sources
- Review public-facing materials produced by the DNC for factual accuracy
- Generate public records requests and ideas for rapid response or long-term research projects
- Provide additional research capacity to down-ballot campaigns and state parties
- At least one cycle of political research experience preferred
- Deep understanding of politics and political campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including an eagle-eye for typos and errors
- Strict attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to take direction, ask questions and quickly learn new tasks and databases
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability and desire to keep up with the 24-hour news cycle
- Creative thinking and desire to explore new avenues
- Willingness to travel and assist campaigns on-the-ground
- Experience with Nexis, campaign finance databases, federal and state-level vote analysis, statistical data gathering, and primary source materials
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.