Data Community Analyst
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is hiring a Community Team member to work with our Data Community Team to ensure the DNC is providing resources, support and best practices for all of our constituents. The Community Team, as well as the D-Tech team as a whole, works closely with members of our community to ensure access to DNC resources, to provide tools for cross-community learning, and to problem solve the challenges we collectively face.
Who we are:
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that provides technology and datasets used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and in all 3,413 counties across the United States. The Tech Team’s efforts directly give support to analyze data, organize campaigns, define targets, raise money, and get out the vote on Election Day. We are building a team geared to take on the biggest challenges. So we are hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, client support, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives - building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.
Do you want to ...
- Secure the future of our country? A lot is at stake in our country right now and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people? We are building a diverse, distributed team, and hiring the best people we can, wherever they are -- alumni from past Presidential campaigns working out of DC and New York; experienced product developers from the SF Bay Area; and more.
- Never stop learning? There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing a lot of new trails. You should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can.
In this role you will ...
- Be a partner to our community, ensuring we are delivering impactful solutions to the field by facilitating access to our suite of tools and products; answering inquiries about our tools, products and datasets; troubleshooting challenges that arise; handling the timely and strategic acquisition of key datasets, i.e. statewide voter files, early voting centers, and polling places.
- Collaborate with other DNC departments to develop and share training curriculum
- Build collaborative relationships with data staff across the country
- Monitor our progress to ensure we are responding to queries and troubleshooting at the highest level, including reporting on responsiveness, efficacy, and process improvements.
- Implement systems for access to and data sharing within Votebuilder for all sorts of user types, like state parties and candidates
- Offer support to administrative and voter file-related questions
- Represent political data and technology on the front lines. This team is responsible for facilitating a profound feedback loop between us and our community, in addition to ensuring our tools and products are well documented and utilized.
You may have previous experience...
- working on a political campaign, as an organizer, a data team member, or an analyst.
- as a community or customer support team member
- in problem solving or troubleshooting roles
- in high pressure environments
You may also have experience or fluency with the following tools and languages...
- VoteBuidler/NGPVAN tools
We encourage you to apply if you have a combination of the following:
- knowledge of VAN/Votebuilder - or, if you’ve ever been a VAN administrator
- SQL, python, or any other language efficient for analyzing large datasets
- Tableau, d3, Shiny, or other data visualization languages or platforms
- direct campaign experience - or, if you’ve ever been a member of a campaign data team
- familiarity with predictive models and probabilities, and their application to voter targeting/segmentation
You can work...
- out of one of our existing offices - currently Washington, D.C. and NYC;
- with a concentration of folks in the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, or Chicago;
- or, remotely from wherever you are.
We do not require previous experience in politics, though it is one helpful facet to a well-rounded resume. If you are coming from industry it is important to be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we've done some budget hacking so we can be competitive when it comes to salaries, we know we can’t beat Google or Facebook.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.