Project Manager - Data Science (Coordinated Campaign)
The DNC Coordinated Campaign is seeking a Project Manager to manage and develop analytics solutions to support and guide the outreach efforts of Democrats across the country. This person will work closely with members of the data science team, the rest of analytics, and other vendors and partner organizations to manage the development of analysis and statistical tools. We are looking for folks with a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and are dedicated to building a team that looks like America.
This position reports to the Data Science Lead.
- Collaborate with members of the analytics team, external stakeholders, vendors, and partner organizations to prioritize, brainstorm, schedule, and implement analysis work.
- Produce reports and dashboards, and present recommendations to guide strategy.
- Actively participate in all phases of the analysis & reporting pipeline: problem scoping, ETL/data cleaning, analysis and testing, developing reports and dashboards, and presenting recommendations.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience managing or taking a senior role in projects applying data and advanced analytics tools in a business, campaign, or non-profit setting.
- 2+ years using SQL professionally
- Experience coordinating time sensitive projects with external vendors and stakeholders
- Familiarity with statistical methods, predictive analysis, and/or survey research, preferably in a campaign or political setting.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally.
- A desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and implement creative solutions to unique problems.
- Experience volunteering or working on a political campaign data team or with the Voter File preferred but not required.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.