Tri-State Finance Director
Washington, DC (DNC HQ) /
The Tri-State Finance Director oversees the major donor fundraising efforts for the Tri-State region of the United States. The Tri-State region includes New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
The Tri-State Finance Director is responsible for creating and implementing a region-specific finance plan. They will lead the execution of principal and surrogate involvement and fundraising in their region. The Tri-State Finance Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with the top donors in their region. The Tri-State Finance Director will also be responsible for managing their regional team which will consist of at least two staff members.
Applicants must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have political fundraising experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, schedule, and execute fundraising travel in their region including donor meetings and finance events
- Develop a comprehensive cycle finance plan that aims to exceed regional goals
- Practices excellent donor stewardship of donor portfolio
- Regularly performs research to identify prospective supporters
- Oversees day-to-day activities of the Regional Deputy Finance Director and Associate
- Manages relationships with regional National Finance Committee members
- Liaises with the constituency finance team to support a constituency and surrogate fundraising plan in the region
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant professional experience
- 5-7 years of related work experience
- Proven track record soliciting contributions at the major donor level
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills
- Management experience desired but not required
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Google Suite and NGP
- Some travel required
The starting salary for the Tri-State Finance Director position is $80,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages, and is a supervisory position based at the DNC HQ in Washington, D.C. This position has an end date of November 15, 2024.
This position requires up to 30% travel both in the Washington, D.C. area and across the country to attend and support meetings and events.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.