Senior UX Designer
Docent Health is a technology-enabled healthcare services company, founded with the mission of helping health systems and providers make their patients feel beautifully connected to their healthcare journey. Our belief is that ALL patients should be treated like high-value customers.
Our technology and services platform combines technology, human interaction, and analytics to help health systems do what is best for their patients and their hospitals, in order to provide a more integrated and fundamentally human patient experience. Our goal, in partnering with our clients, is to make sure every patient feels valued, heard, and respected.
· Directly influence the Docent Health user experience and product strategy, working in a cross-functional team to develop Docent Health’s first-of-its kind digital platform and service offering
· Gather and assess inputs such as UX research, customer requests, and engineering capabilities to synthesize effective design patterns
· Provide expert advice, thought leadership and analysis on user experience issues that arise in both our digital and service products and systems, and act as a key driver for the Product team’s UX strategy and vision
· Conduct usability research to provide recommendations for improvement
· Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge.
· Document user insights, customer journeys, user personas and use cases to communicate customer and user needs / opportunities to improve the patient and staff experiences
· Design user interfaces, including overall architecture, interface, prototypes and interaction flows for our growing and evolving portfolio of digital tools
· Lead cross-functional collaborative design studios to brainstorm, ideate, and develop early prototypes for product concepts while maintaining the Product team’s overarching UX vision
· Explain to and gain input from both internal & external stakeholders
· Help create our overall service design and workflows for our end users
· Have a tenacity and focus on developing solutions that satisfy our user’s most critical needs
· Drive impact as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap
You already have:
· A passion for being the voice of users and patients and for solving important challenges in healthcare
· End-to-end familiarity with all aspects of user experience: research, information architecture, interaction design, usability testing, and customer feedback integration
· Successfully built user interfaces for high velocity transactional digital systems in Agile environments
· Expertise and deep knowledge of information architecture
· A passion for being the voice of our users and the patients that they serve
· Experience in field-based user testing, iterative prototype testing and survey design
· Experience in behavioral data-collection and analysis skills (e.g., designing & conducting user research; analyzing user data) across a range of contexts (e.g., device types)
· The ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with multiple parallel-path projects with varying timelines
· An ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts across different audiences
· An eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of user experience
· 6+ years in driving user experience work
· 4+ years in user experience research
· A degree in Human Factors, Interaction, Graphic, or Interface Design (not required, but a plus)
Compensation for the role will include market-competitive cash compensation and a material equity opportunity. Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, Docent Health offers a competitive benefits package, including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance, Guardian Dental and Vision, and a 401K for employee contribution, as well as unlimited snacks, cold-brew coffee keg, and company-wide catered lunch every Friday!