DocSend is looking for its first in-house Finance Manager to take point on all finance-related matters. As such, you’ll play an integral role in understanding and managing the movement of cash throughout the business and ensuring the company’s financial engine is soundly humming along.
As a (currently) one-person department, you’ll stretch across all finance functions: budget and forecasting, revenue management, commissions, and reporting to name a few. For those areas such as tax and audit that require specialized skills and training you’ll lead and manage our relationship with outside experts. This role will report directly to the COO, though you’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with the executive staff and other leaders throughout the business.
Are you excited to work in a positive, collaborative cross-functional environment that helps you grow? Are you looking to have a huge impact and join a growing and successful team? We’d love to chat!
What You'll Do
- Revenue management: Insure timely billing, invoicing, and reporting of all customer contracts. Take point on collections.
- Budget and Forecasting: Model and forecast revenue and expenses.
- Reporting: Compile financials for reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Sales commissions: Calculate monthly sales commissions. Assist management in developing comp plans.
- Expense management: Approve and schedule expenses according to budget objectives.
- Stock options: Administer all stock option grants and exercises. Maintain company’s cap table.
- Taxes and Audit: Work with external auditor to facilitate annual audit. Manage relationships with third party service providers for properly reporting state sales tax.
- Treasury: Maintain the cash records for the company, including all credit card transactions. Establish and maintain banking relationships.
- Oversee outside accounting firm.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- 5-6 years experience in a finance or accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (Finance, Economics or Accounting)
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Google Sheets expertise
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong quantitative reasoning to navigate, organize, and distill insights from large datasets
- Self-directedness to find problems worth solving and then solve them
- Collaborative mindset to work well with teams across the company
- A beautiful office in the SF Financial District.
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package including complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value their time together and support each other’s growth.
- Learning and Development budget.
- Company retreats, monthly game nights.
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy.
- Commuter benefits.
- Paid lunches in office, fully stocked kitchen.
- Dog friendly office.
Who We Are
DocSend is a tight-knit group of fiercely intelligent, driven, and fun individuals. We take pride in providing an inclusive and supportive environment designed for personal growth and organizational happiness. We make time for each other with daily lunch in the office, monthly game nights, weekly happy hours, and regular retreats.
What We Do
DocSend enables business leaders to confidently share business-critical documents and get real-time, actionable feedback. DocSend empowers growth for a wide array of leaders at Forbes, Gusto, The New York Times, and over 10,000 more.
DocSend is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.