Director of Content & Communications
United States /
DocSend is shaping the future of how businesses put documents to work. Leaving email attachments as a thing of the past, we enable businesses to send documents or folders with a single link, track who’s interacting with those documents, and get key contracts and NDAs signed, all in one intuitive platform. From founders raising their next round of funding to innovative sales teams closing deals, our 14,000+ customers rely on us to power their most important documents every day - and get unparalleled security and control.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Director of Content & Communications who will develop and lead an integrated brand and content strategy across all of our owned and earned channels. As a leader you’ll manage a team or top-class marketers and play a key role in influencing the company’s awareness and growth in all DocSend’s target markets.
Being a member of our marketing team and reporting directly to our VP of Marketing, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work closely with senior leadership and impact DocSend’s direction and success. Excited to join a growing and successful team? We’d love to chat!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead content & communications planning, execution, and metrics reporting, inclusive of data-driven content creation and curation, brand creative, PR, social media marketing, SEO, and community growth.
- Work with the VP of Marketing and the CEO to articulate key messaging for a multitude of audiences.
- Manage a team of 3 FTEs plus an SEO consultant and our PR agency with ample opportunity to grow the team.
- Drive the content and communications calendar for internal (blog, website, user community), and external channels and submissions, including reports, articles, byline/contributed content, speaking opportunities, and awards.
- Partner with our PR agency and brainstorm to develop unique data-driven editorial ideas and articles and pitch them to relevant and respectable media.
- Take ownership and build upon the thought leadership success of our DocSend Startup Index playbook into 2021 and beyond.
- Expand our content playbook to other target markets and audiences in line with DocSend’s accelerating growth.
- Track and report content and communications program results and metrics.
- Develop and maintain our SEO strategy and refresh keyword research regularly to ensure we’re targeting high-intent keywords across our most valuable use cases.
- Work with other members of marketing to build and maintain our content distribution channels including content partnerships and paid media.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 10+ years in a content and communications role, 5+ years of people management experience.
- Solid experience in B2B SaaS and comfortable working in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Proven track record of having built and executed top-class content marketing strategies that have influenced company growth.
- Willingness to “get things dirty” and able to work hands-on on content or communications initiatives as needed.
- Inherent curiosity and creativity to devise and execute content plays that are unique and differentiated.
- Ability to understand and reach multiple target audiences as DocSend is a platform that is used for a number of use cases, so it’s not a “one-size fits-all” model.
- Proficiency in tracking, measuring, and reporting on the results of content marketing initiatives, generating insights, and translating them into strategy.
- Aptitude for working with data and crafting content narratives based on data points.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with external agencies to drive team results.
- Obsessive organization to manage multiple projects without compromising quality of execution.
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package including complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value their time together and support each other’s growth
- Company retreats, monthly game nights
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly office
- Learning and development budget
- Remote Friendly
Some things we’re proud of:
- Product-first culture: We’re a product-driven company. Our three founders all come from a product background, and we pride ourselves on relentlessly needfinding to better understand our and future current customers - and provide them with a product that they love. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on G2 Crowd.
- Industry leadership: DocSend regularly shares industry-leading data on the state of startup fundraising both through our Pitch Deck Interest Metrics where we monitor the health of startup fundraising during COVID-19, and The Funding Divide where we’re using our data to highlight inequalities in startup funding.
- World-class customers: DocSend powers the most critical documents at some of the largest media and technology brands in the world, some of the most innovative startups that are shaping our future, and many forward-thinking executives from a wide array of industries around the world. We’re honored to support them, and we strive every day to enable them to achieve their mission.
- Intentional growth: Our team growth aligns with our long term, sustainable business model. While we have grown significantly in the last few years (our team is currently at 50+), our growth is calculated to ensure we maintain our positive company culture and provide lasting opportunities to folks on our team (50% of our leadership team has been promoted from within the company).
- Team: We pride ourselves on our fun, welcoming environment where every member of the DocSend team can thrive. Our goal is always to cultivate a high impact, low ego team culture that is smart and curious, and embraces diversity, inclusion, and equity every step of the way. Whether it’s our founders holding weekly office hours or getting the team together for our monthly all hands meetings, we’re always looking to provide ways to engage with another, no matter your role or department.
DocSend is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.