Growth Marketing Lead
United States /
DocSend is shaping the future of how businesses put documents to work. Leaving email attachments as a thing of the past, we enable businesses to send documents or folders with a single link, track who’s interacting with those documents, and get key contracts and NDAs signed, all in one intuitive platform. From founders raising their next round of funding to innovative sales teams closing deals, our 15,000+ customers rely on us to power their most important documents every day - and get unparalleled security and control.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Growth Marketing Lead who will lead DocSend’s growth strategy across the customer lifecycle, from new demand and conversions to customer retention and advocacy. This role will start with one direct report and grow a team that will play a key role in driving DocSend’s self-serve and sales-assisted revenue growth into all our target markets.
Being a member of our marketing team and reporting directly to our VP of Marketing, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work closely with senior leadership and impact DocSend’s direction and success. Excited to join a growing and successful team? We’d love to chat!
What You’ll be Doing
- Develop scalable strategies for customer acquisition and retention that balance experimenting with various channels and investing in the ones that deliver sustainable growth.
- Drive increasing awareness and demand into new DocSend use cases and verticals.
- Continue to refine and expand our growth marketing plays across all mediums: SEO, SEM, social, content, partners, email.
- Develop a holistic view of our customer lifecycle and show how growth can positively impact that lifecycle.
- Invest in customer lifecycle marketing plays to drive a land-and-expand motion that leads to strong net dollar retention and best-in-class customer advocacy.
- Use cutting edge martech tools and scalable processes to personalize and optimize web visitor and user experiences leading to continuous improvement of our conversion and retention rates.
- Deliver actionable insights by synthesizing information from multiple channels and data from multiple systems.
- Build a culture of growth experimentation and A/B testing to provide proactive analysis on strategic challenges and new marketing opportunities.
- Manage a high performing growth marketing team (starting with one direct report) that will partner with other key business teams.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 8+ years of SaaS Growth Marketing experience.
- Solid experience in B2B SaaS Product Led Growth and comfortable working in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Proven track record of having built and executed top-class growth marketing strategies that have influenced material company growth in terms of ARR.
- Deep understanding of inbound demand generation, performance marketing, content strategy, martech, and analytics.
- Willingness to “get things dirty” and able to work hands-on on growth marketing programs as needed.
- Ability to understand and target multiple verticals as DocSend is a platform that is used for a number of use cases, so it’s not a “one-size fits-all” model.
- Aptitude for working with data, creating insights from data and making decisions based on data.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as well as with customers, partners and agencies to drive company results.
- Strong managerial potential and prior people management experience as this role will be heading a team in a player-coach capacity.
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package including complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value their time together and support each other’s growth
- Company retreats, monthly game nights
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly office
- Learning and development budget
- Remote Friendly
Some things we're proud of
- Product-first culture: We’re a product-driven company. Our three founders all come from a product background, and we pride ourselves on relentlessly needfinding to better understand our and future current customers - and provide them with a product that they love. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on G2 Crowd.
- Industry leadership: DocSend regularly shares industry-leading data on the state of startup fundraising both through our Pitch Deck Interest Metrics where we monitor the health of startup fundraising during COVID-19, and The Funding Divide where we’re using our data to highlight inequalities in startup funding.
- World-class customers: DocSend powers the most critical documents at some of the largest media and technology brands in the world, some of the most innovative startups that are shaping our future, and many forward-thinking executives from a wide array of industries around the world. We’re honored to support them, and we strive every day to enable them to achieve their mission.
- Intentional growth: Our team growth aligns with our long term, sustainable business model. While we have grown significantly in the last few years (our team is currently at 50+), our growth is calculated to ensure we maintain our positive company culture and provide lasting opportunities to folks on our team (50% of our leadership team has been promoted from within the company).
- Team: We pride ourselves on our fun, welcoming environment where every member of the DocSend team can thrive. Our goal is always to cultivate a high impact, low ego team culture that is smart and curious, and embraces diversity, inclusion, and equity every step of the way. Whether it’s our founders holding weekly office hours or getting the team together for our monthly all hands meetings, we’re always looking to provide ways to engage with another, no matter your role or department.
DocSend is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.