DocSend's engineering team is growing rapidly, having doubled in the second half of last year. We are looking for our first Engineering Manager to help cultivate a supportive and inclusive environment that inspires people to do their best work. You'll be partnering with product and design to help your team deliver innovative solutions. You'll immediately start managing a few engineers as part of a single project team, and then you will partner with Engineering Leadership and Recruiting to attract new, talented engineers.
What You'll Do
- Manage, support, and mentor a diverse group of engineers
- Be responsible for continuously improving the productivity of your team
- Support your team during in-depth technical planning discussions with engineers, product, and design; empower them to make effective decisions
- Remove roadblocks for your team and escalate when you need additional context or direction
- Promote a culture of feedback and transparent communication
- Partner closely with leadership, HR, and Recruiting to attract, recruit, and retain diverse engineers at DocSend
- Establish measurable goals for your team's productivity and impact
What You'll Need to be Successful
- Experience as an engineering manager or technical lead who has coached and mentored other engineers
- Experience building scalable products in fast-paced environments
- Mastery of Rails or similar web development experience
- Passion for making progress in DE&I
- Experience or familiarity with Agile
- Prioritize being product-driven over being process-driven
- A beautiful office in the SF Financial District
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package including complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value their time together and support each other’s growth
- Company retreats, monthly game nights
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly office
- Learning and development budget
- Paid lunches, fully stocked kitchen
DocSend has a diverse and supportive culture. We look for people who are smart, curious, creative, and work to be a little bit better every single day. If this sounds interesting to you, what's the harm in saying hello?
What We Do
DocSend enables business leaders to confidently share business-critical documents and get real-time, actionable feedback. DocSend empowers growth for a wide array of leaders at BuzzFeed, Forbes, Gusto, The New York Times, Ericsson, and over 10,000 more.
DocSend is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.