Senior Frontend Engineer
United States /
DocSend is shaping the future of how businesses put documents to work. Leaving email attachments as a thing of the past, we enable businesses to send documents or folders with a single link, track who’s interacting with those documents, and get key contracts and NDAs signed, all in one intuitive platform. From founders raising their next round of funding to innovative sales teams closing deals, our 14,000+ customers rely on us to power their most important documents every day - and get unparalleled security and control.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our current stack is a Ruby on Rails web app running on Heroku with CoffeeScript, Haml, and LESS.
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
DocSend engineering believes in quality, collaboration, and fun. We’ve got everything from diverse leadership to team outings. We always want to better ourselves, and as engineers, we do that by focusing on creating better solutions, better code, and a better skill set. Together, we collaborate, support, and inspire each other to grow and take ownership across the product.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product and Design to develop new features
- Research, architect, implement, and help drive innovative frontend solutions
- Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
- Act as a mentor throughout the software development process
What You'll Need to be Successful
- If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply! It's impossible for one person to check every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team!
- 4+ years experience building web applications professionally
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, with high level of attention to detail
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package including complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value their time together and support each other’s growth
- Company retreats, monthly game nights
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly office
- Learning and development budget
- Paid lunches, fully stocked kitchen
A few things we’re proud of
• Impact: Last year startup founders relied on DocSend to share their pitch decks with potential investors on the road to raising over $18 billion in aggregate!
• Industry leadership: DocSend regularly shares industry-leading data on the state of startup fundraising both through our Pitch Deck Interest Metrics where we monitor the health of startup fundraising during COVID-19, and The Funding Divide where we’re using our data to highlight inequalities in startup funding.
• Product-first culture: We’re a product-driven company. Our three founders all come from a product background, and we pride ourselves on relentlessly needfinding to better understand our and future current customers - and provide them with a product that they love. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on G2 Crowd.
• Team: We pride ourselves on our fun, welcoming environment where every member of the DocSend team can thrive. Our goal is always to cultivate a high impact, low ego team culture that is smart and curious, and embraces diversity, inclusion, and equity every step of the way. Whether it’s our founders holding weekly office hours or getting the team together for our monthly all hands meetings, we’re always looking to provide ways to engage with another, no matter your role or department.
• World-class customers: DocSend powers the most critical documents at some of the largest media and technology brands in the world, some of the most innovative startups that are shaping our future, and many forward-thinking executives from a wide array of industries around the world. We’re honored to support them, and we strive every day to enable them to achieve their mission.
• Intentional growth: Our team growth aligns with our long term, sustainable business model. While we have grown significantly in the last few years (our team is currently at 50+), our growth is calculated to ensure we maintain our positive company culture and provide lasting opportunities to folks on our team (50% of our leadership team has been promoted from within the company).
DocSend is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.