Email Marketing / CRM Manager
San Francisco, CA
Named "The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US", Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young people to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the role
This high impact role calls for a retention marketing expert to join the team who is as passionate as we are about building one of the world’s next great consumer brands. This person is responsible for planning, executing and measuring our communication with customers across channels to maximize our their engagement with us over time. This challenging role requires a unique combination of analytical and creative chops. In this role you'll dive deep into customer data to optimize when/where/how we interact with each of our amazingly unique customers, collaborate with the development team to create new tools and customer touch points, and work with the creative and merchandising teams to develop on brand messaging for each channel.
- Own development, implementation and ongoing management of email/sms marketing programs - including blast, triggered and transactional communications
- Manage campaigns and programs across the customer lifecycle to drive repeat purchase, customer LTV, brand affinity or NPS including welcome series, winback series, abandoned campaigns, up sell opportunities, post purchase experiences etc.
- Implement dynamic content across campaigns leveraging handlebar logic or external tools that support 1:1 personalization
- Work cross-functionally with the site merchandising, creative, product and design teams to bring visibility to key collections, editorial content and brand-stories
- Develop segmentation strategies to customize email messaging to users based on behavioral data and email engagement data
- Monitor channel performance and conduct advanced customer analytics, working with development and business intelligence teams to advance our ‘single view’ of our customer and inform new engagement strategies and tactics
- Develop and cultivate a culture of iteration and experimentation - implementing A/B tests to optimize email performance and achieve customer retention goals
- Understand and optimize email deliverability to refine our program and maximize inboxing
- Own relationship with ESP and other third party partners
- CRM or retention marketing experience with a focus on email (3+ years)
- Cross-channel marketing experience (SMS, Push, In-App) a plus
- Experience with content personalization, handlebar logic etc.
- Experience with email campaign management tools (ESPs)
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills demonstrated through past work
- Results driven, ability to multitask in fast paced cross-functional environment
- Strong excel skills required
- HTML markup skills a plus
- eCommerce or retail industry experience a plus